Pound still crashing

Couldn’t agree more , I did not move to France to hear the not so dulcit tones of English spoken.
In France do as the French do and speak french
 Ps I do understand that when in a couple it easier and natural to speak english with each other.
Easy for me to say because my partner for 10 yrs was French. (he never spoke in English) apart from something which is probably unprintable here!

Oh, go on
 you know you want to really :wink:

1 Like

@Stella - I don’t think you are believing hard enough also.

I think we should all perform a little mindfulness yogic chant which will inevitably help the financial position.

Very slowly and quietly at first chant, then louder and faster “Boris, Boris, Boris, Boris
”
The 2nd verse is “Nigel, Nigel, Nigel
”
The 3rd verse is “WTO, WTO, WTO
”

Remember to chant on every outward breath.

Now doesn’t that feel better - I can picture the pound leaving against the Euro back to the 1.425 mark of November 2015
see it all just takes belief.

1 Like

You’ve got the last letter wrong for the third verse, should be an F, not an O

3 Likes

I do, but it will probably get me suspended! So va faire fo**re. ( joking) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Love the fact we can be honest and open here, without offending others of course. x

1 Like

You can always blur it out to preserve your modesty :laughing:

1 Like

2 letters? It is not countdown, which BTW is French originally and so much better than the English version, although I did think Richard Whiteley did a fantastic job.

How do I blur? still la newbie. :smile:

type the left square bracket [ then the word spoiler and the right hand square bracket ] before the text you want to blur then repeat the process but after and type [the forward slash /.
So it would look like this [ spoiler] your text [/spoiler] (remove the extra space before the first word “spoiler” - I just put it in to show you the structure)
it then looks like this: your text and if you click on it, it shows what is written

OK Thanks Graham I think I’ve got it
apologies now if this shows

is that allowed? If for example I wanted to sa
Here goes!
Sorry I did something wrong
QUICK help!! :flushed:

ooops!
not quite :rofl:
you need to enter the word spoiler in the square brackets not the text you want to hide

Just use the pen tool to edit your post

You’ll get the hang of it

1 Like

[spoiler]text you want to spoil[ /spoiler] but miss out the extra space before ‘/spoiler’
So, where you typed [try again] replace what is in the square brackets with the word spoiler and ‘/try again’ with /spoiler’

1 Like

By jove
 I think she’s got it!

Thanks Graham! :hugs:

:fireworks: :fireworks: :congratulations:

1 Like

Just a note about the original topic. The UK pound.

Some will recall exchange controls, I do. These were imposed to protect the pound. These would you believe only ended in 1979 after Britain had joined the EU!

The following comment will only apply to very few if any, but here goes.

If you have “rainy day” money held in sterling in a British bank if (I repeat if) exchange controls were imposed you would lose the ability to transfer this money out of the UK. Better to have those pounds in a sterling account in a French Bank.

1 Like

I can see them being reintroduced - but only so long as they dont affect the like of Mogg-Shit and all the other of his ilk who are coining it in on the back of a weak pound.

2 Likes

any of them wheelbarrow manufacturers? Perhaps Dyson will build an electric one :thinking:
In the far east, of course

“Will of the” uninformed “People” or so it is said.

The euro falling is not a “good thing” for everyone.

1 Like

Too right! I, like many, live and have worked in France for several years but do not have any pension or income from the UK.
A falling Euro would most definitely not be a good thing for me and others like me!

1 Like