Problem Selling a house ..Try a Feng Shui Solution

Count me in Carol...I'm into healing...crystals...and all things spiritual.

Hi John, I don't seem to be able to register. Keeps timing out?

diana

We already have a reiki section, so perhaps we could combine it all?

Funnny that, I always that was owning a sailing boat. Jim has just corrected me, it is now £20 notes in the shower!

How would peeps feel about having an 'Alternatives' section on SFN? so we can look at...well...alternatives? a lot of us are obviously enjoying this Feng Shui discussion...and John hasnt appeared to get fed up answering all our questions yet... could this maybe be extended into other areas...health.....diet, which we have touched on in other places with the 5/2 fasting diet etc...gardening according to the moon cycles....what do you guys think?

I always keep the seat down as it looks neater.

For my house, it was a farm and has a large entrance gate for the car by which you enter the courtyard passing under my bedroom as you do and passing the side of the main house block. You then turn left and pass half the length of the house to enter the house by the kitchen. To the right of the kitchen is a bathroom and to the left is the main house, so if you applied the bagua from the kitchen door, you would miss out the office, second sitting room, two bedrooms out of three and part of the loft. If you applied the bagua from the large entrance gate most of the bagua would be filled by the courtyard and outbuildings.

could be another group on sfn? I think it's quite interesting and even if it's not completely your thing, sometimes just trying something different can be a good solution to a problem not yet solved.

I read a bit about Feng Shui but gave up as our house is such a strange l-shape with an entrance door in the middle of it so to speak, which you approach after rounding the corner of the sitting room, so that I could never work out if it contained only five parts of the bagua or if half of it wasn't in the bagua at all. For loo seats, I thought it was because if you left the lid up the room is covered with a very fine spray from the flush containing all sorts of germs (according to the BBC!).

lol Carol! I can just picture his face :)

Both bad agents, meaning the actual on the ground agents with the two agencies not knowing what is going on. Agents asking you to show clients around! Forget the saints actually, it takes a lot more than faith sometimes at present.

hmm...I sometimes have a little concerns about 'my' agents....who obviously are not 'my' agents...but the agent of my prospective purchasers. One agent refused to reduce my house when the other agents agreed and did as I asked....she suddenly contacted me with a viewing a month later....and suggested we might like to sell it to this client who was looking for a house 100k cheaper than ours....I was a tad shocked...and declined the kind offer and suggested her client look for a house in her price range...said agent went bust two weeks later.

Another agent introduced a prospective buyer...who haggled...we agreed a price...all was going through, deposit was paid...then we get a call to say prospective buyer had cancer 7 years before and now the insurance company insuring the mortgage wont give them the full mortgage....funny enough...its 50k less than the price...and tries to persuade us to take it.

We are selling a 3000 sqft house, 5 beds, with a pigeon house, 2 acres for around £300k.....in one of the most popular towns in the Dordogne...in the countryside but just one mile to town....walkable. We paid a huge amount more...and since have put in a 14 k euro septic tank....and a 30k roof...replastered, decorated, garden landscaped.....I dont think there is anything wrong with the price Peter...lack of buyers and maybe not the most active agents...we are selling in the UK too. The agent in the UK is knocking himself out advertising, contacting a list of people looking for the type of apartment we have...the French agents are waiting for someone to phone up...we have never been in the window...they dont pay to advertise....frankly they seem to get their money for not much activity. Two of the agents ask us to show around the clients!

Am not sure you are helping me Brian....I am going to end up with more saints than you can shake a stick at! my husband (who is in France, whilst I am in the UK) is beginning to wonder if I have finally flipped my lid! I have him running down to the river with handfuls of soil..opening all the windows....moving plant pots either side of the door...Ive told him to whittle a St Joseph...I think he is worried about coming over for his visit this week!

I think we should hire John as our personal Feng Shui....eer.....person? and come and make sure we are doing it all right....love this stuff...so interesting!

You are a star Norman....i will email you the property website...bless you.

Yep...sure would....and thank you...very kind of you.

ah breaking the spell Peter....I think having bought our house less than 4 years ago (off of French people who lived there for 25 years) and now having spent over 50k on it and reduced it by a third....which is a lot on an expensive house...it isnt that. We are having lots of visits...unfortunately usually people looking for a holiday base....they read the details...then come out and are dumb struck by the size of the property which is way too big for a holiday home. Its stunning...great views...but a house that will only sell to someone who wants a large family house, with over two acres of garden...all of it needing a lot of maintenance. You get buyers like that along not so often.

Freddy....you really make me laugh...tell your wife she and I must have been separated at birth...thats what my husband says anyway!

am hanging on all of these words John.....we have about a ton of sage growing in the grounds...I have half a dozen oil burners...we live in a barn with high ceilings and a vaulted lounge...plants either side of the door...and I keep all windows and doors open...hmm...fingers crossed and thanks for all this, its actually really interesting.

You and me both Heather...! by the by....am back to France next Wednesday....will give you a ring...

haha...not kidding....have now had to do that to all three of our places...!