I wonder if anyone has any advice on this little problem:
We want to rent our house out and go back to UK for a year. Advertised it and almost immediately had a reply, met the people, seemed ok, young but nice etc etc and after a few weeks discussion we had a Tenancy Agreement drawn up, in english, and everyone signed it to the effect that they would take the house from 27th April. We didn't ask for a deposit at the time as that would be paid later with the first month's rent. A week ago we had an email to say that they had decided not to take the house. We have made all our arrangements based around the end of April and had almost been on the dot of signing a rental agreement in the UK - luckily we didn't - but now are left with going through the whole process again. I think that as they signed the agreement to rent the house for one year minimum then they should at least pay some sort of compensation. But they are adamant they wont their argument being if they did that and we almost immediately found someone else, then we would in effect be getting paid twice!
Does anyone know if there is anything we could do? Would it be worth it? Any help would be appreciate.