Problems exchanging UK driving licence

quite possibly a simple misunderstanding… as we do not have any details of what request has been “refused”… all too vague for me to take on board.

Why on earth a “refusal” this year should reflect on the past 28 years… is beyond me…

I suspect more info and more calm is needed… :relaxed::wink:

many thanks , I missed that link. I must say I dont blame them - it must be a nightmare they have had foist upon them!

I think you’re right Stella.
Appears the “refusal” was having the file sent back…
not clear if any reason was given.

It’s reading this, & other threads, that makes me more & more aware of the fact that I know absolutely NOTHING about Brexit…nothing

@Codfanglers. Whoops, type…just the one kidney. For years it was a regular tale that a friend of friend had had one stolen. Told in all seriousness, and even that the friend had seen the scars on this other person! More dramatic than having a file sent back, but perhaps based on equally incomplete info…

As has been stated above, ALL applications to exchange UK Driving Licenses are NOT being processed and the documents returned with the letter shown. There are exceptions it says … if yours is expiring and been lost / stolen etc. Does it mean we’ll be driving illegally ? Perhaps technically yes but the French Gov seem to be saying it’s ok for a while til everyone knows what kind of UK Exit is going to be ( and when ).

I’m in the process of changing the registration of my UK car to French. I went along to my Assurance bureau ( Matmut ) yesterday and asked if they’d give me Car Insurance - given I have a UK licence - and they’ve called me this morning to say yes they will. If I can’t get insurance cover I think I’ll simply have to mothball the car until the licence situation gets sorted out !Permis%20de%20C%20exchange%20rejection

… and to continue I thought it was ironic that this m

onth’s ‘Connexion’ has this on its front page … !

Andy…

Their reply does seem reasonable… as (so it appears) your licence is not out of date, lost, stolen, etc etc… They are saying it will remain legal for the foreseeable future…

Why not contact the email address they give at the bottom… so that you can register to be advised… how to go about things (as may be necessary) once UK actually does leave EU… ???

Already done that Stella … awaiting instructions for post-Brexit situation !

I have also applied for a French International Driving License ( through ANTS ) though it seems a bit bizarre since I don’t hold a normal Permis de Conduire. However we are just about still in the EU so I was allowed to apply. Would urge others to do the same, before the 29th, if they are in the same boat as me. Nothing to lose - just 2 stamps !

Got to be worth trying all the angles… :relaxed::relaxed:

We both applied at the same time to change our licenses, in september last year.
A month ago Jackie received an email about class C, get a medical or confirm she didn’t want it. Also, they noted she had sent a photocopy of the previous license - we had changed UK address on our licenses to a family member’s home. 2 weeks ago they asked her to send the UK driving license to them.
I have heard nothing about mine. It will need renewing before December this year. The daft thing is that for those of us currently resident here, i.e. the majority of applicants, nothing will change if the UK leaves “with a deal” or not. The only change in the 2 circumstances seems to be how long we will have to do this.
Maybe it would be much easier to find a working speed camera and get a couple of points. Licence exchange will be compulsory then. Does anyone know which offence gets the least points with shortest retention?:laughing:

1 Like

Yesterday I received my file back from Nantes.
Pleased to have my licence back (sent by mistake)

Now to complicate things, application sent off last year, got the email about class C & D, replied, got my attestation & sent off UK licence (with AdR) January which arrived safely at Nantes on the 28th, 8th February got an email to say application validated and licence in production, and gave a NEPH (licence) number so was feeling quite happy - BUT - 3 months on no licence and only explanation was a vague “technical problem” to really make a mess of things I have contacted DVLA to find my UK licence has been cancelled because they were told I have a French one and as I am a French resident they will not renew it, Contacting CERT & ANTS seems an excercise in futility. So what do I do, I have no licence to drive outside France and my attestation expires in 4 months with seemingly no hope of ever getting a licence.

Try and get an international driving permit…we got one quite quickly from ANTS based on our UK licence (we are still waiting from Nantes to cough up the exchanged licences)because we were worried that we’d be stuck unable to drive on holiday if B*shit happened…

Perhaps you can get one based on the attestation? Have a look on ANTS site.

Thanks for that idea, I’ll give it a try

Martin

www.tregarth.com

Hi Martin are you connected with Hayling Island… ???

I once was

J

I have/had relations living on Hayling Island… lovely place…

Their house sits right on the shingle… loved the idea of the sea “almost” crashing over their roof… but was secretly glad my house was several miles inland… :upside_down_face::relaxed:

Somewhere down Southwood Road end then, me more 150m from Seafront, where did you live? I later moved to Wickham

Yep, I just checked the address book… 198 Southwood Road it was… us though… we were miles away into Suffolk/Essex…

So, out of curiosity, how did you connect me to H.I?