Professional insurance and déclaration d'insaisissabilité.. are these legitimate AE expenses

Would I be correct in assuming that once registered for TVA you lose the 50%/66% deduction/allowance so have to account for every expense related to your business and that you are obligated to employee an accountant to submit the TVA returns and annual accounts?

Tva is a separate issue.
The ceiling for the simplified system is 176 200 for commerce and 72 600 for others. You can stay on it until you exceed that ceiling.
Y ou can do the tva yourself if y ou want, doesnt matter who does it as long as it gets done.

Geoffrey, I think we’ll have to agree to disagree as having to charge TVA on top of our basic hourly rate would mean we would lose customers so it’s important that we stay below the 34400E threshold.

I have no wish to disgree with you Tim. I said you ‘can’ not you ‘should’. The choice is yours. Perhaps I should have said One Can not You Can, is that better?
I never used the auto entrepreneur as it was completely wrong for my business but I have a friend who uses it and it seems to suit her perfectly. I think she does what you do and keeps her turnover below the tva threshold.

It depends on what sort of regime you are being taxed under.

For the simpler autoentrepreneur/microentreprise regimes you can’t offset expenses, you are paying tax & social charges on a “forfait” basis and that assumes a certain level of costs and therefore a certain level of tax/social charges.

As Andrew Hearne and I have both already said.

1 Like

Why have you quoted me here?

Don’t know! It just happened…and I didn’t even notice :thinking:

1 Like

possibly a consequence of @james changing that parameter to do with quoting in another thread :upside_down_face:

Yes. That was my initial problem when I became an independent back in 2009, plus the fact that I was providing services EU wide, and no one wanted to do business with me if I couldn’t give them a EU VAT number…

You don’t have to an employ an accountant to make your VAT returns, but for me it was a no brainer. I’m not an accountant, I have seen the consequences of an error in VAT returns from previous employment. Even if you are in the right, you still have to battle it out with the tax office, which takes, time, resources, etc, which is why I have an accountant.

1 Like