Proof of fiscal UK

Now here's the thing. The French tax office love me...I cannot be put into any of their boxes! I live in France but work and only pay tax, N.I. etc in UK. The last place I rented required a huge deposit (loan from dad) I have now moved and dad wants his €/£s back. The bank say ok but I have to produce ...Un justificatif de residence fiscal en Anglelterre. Proof of fiscal residency in UK? The French bank said go to your town hall and ask for one. I am back in UK on Friday. Is it that simple or is there a way to do this online? They also want my last tax return. Isn't this proof enough??

Help...anyone? Thanks, Helen.

p.s. I work as a live-in carer in UK for 2-3wks out of 4, then come back to Tourrettes-sur-Loup :-)

Hi June. Yep, it's the bank. Hopefully sorted now. Thanks for your reply. :-)

Hi Jane. I'm not in French tax system but I think the question from the French bank is...where am I paying tax? I can prove it via accountant in UK. :-) Thanks for replying.

Ah thanks Brian. Will get on it. :-)

Call your local HRMC-office (the one you send your tax-forms to) before you leave for the UK. They're the ones to provide that document.

Jane, I think it is the bank that require the documents, not the french tax system!

I am sure your town hall will know nothing in the UK as taxes are not dealt with there as they are in France Everything in the UK is centralised. I would phone the tax office for a proof of fiscal residency.

I may not be right, but if you spend 2-3 weeks out of 4, then surely that means that you are spending more than half the year in UK and you are paid and are taxed in UK, why are you involved in the french tax system beyond paying your rent, taxe d'habitation, taxe fonciere(if you pay these on a rented property)?