Property of 2 houses + for sale in the Tarn, northern slope of the Montagne Noire

Just purchased end of July two houses on an L (one other house semi on one wall) in a small hamlet surrounded by forest and greenery above Mazamet. Carcassonne 45mins, Toulouse 1.5hr and around 2hrs sea. Ground floor caves under whole of one house, one car garage, 900sqm land on a slope, well and lots of outbuildings. All to renovate but one house is liveable (I am living in it now). Oil fired boiler supplies hot water and central heating to both houses. Multiple options, large family home, holiday home, rental property, B&B, Gite. Caves could be made into an appartment… Main drains, three phase electricity to re-do as old and interesting but works, roof is dry but will need recovering some time.
Reason for sale is that my wife has just started a job in the Lot et Garonne with accomodation and the weekend drives to see each other is too much.
I paid €44000 including costs and have put around €1500 into it, new kitchen double basin sink and taps as original leaked and €900 of fuel oil. Tax foncière is €1200 but that covers two houses. I believe the land can be built on (previous owner said) but have not checked with the Mairie. Know of no other gite or B&B in the hamlet, some ower holiday properties, some locals, some empty but less than a couple of handfuls of houses. B&B in Labresby next door and a very popular and well marketed British B&B in Mazamet 15mins down the mountain. We are close to recreation lakes, Passerelle, rando walks, former Tour de France stage so lots of top class cycling.
Looking to cover what I have put into only and not rip anyone off so if I walked away with €46k in pocket I would be happy.
Message me for photos as I can’t work out how to add them to this advert.
Andy

Quite easy to add a photo really.

Selection_005
Click on the up arrow and select From my Device or From the Web (as appropriate) to upload your photo.

Must admit I thought Andy was new so couldn’t, but he’s been on for a while so it should be easy enough, as Graham says.

The, possibly simpler, option is just to select the image (in whatever you use to view it), copy it to the clipboard (Ctrl-C or Ctrl-Insert on Windows) then paste it into the post (Ctrl-V or Shift-Insert)

Have to admit Paul I didn’t appreciate that having been here a millennium :wink:

1 Like

I was wrong, he’s been a member for a while.

I will tweet this for you ( for some reason I have quite a large Twitter following!)
Good luck with the sale!

It’s so beautiful there. I used to pass by on my way to Carcassonne airport and to the Lac des Montagnès. I just wish I wish in a position to return to France as I would snap it up! Ah well :slightly_frowning_face:

Best of luck with it Andy.

Not new just not posted much and rather tech unsavvy. I will try with my humble iPad and limited knowledge. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will post anew with photos as I believe I now know which button to press!

1 Like

Have you put it on leboncoin Andy?

Can’t wait for the photos!!

Not put it anywhere yet apart from here. Just got back from visiting my wife and we made the decision just before I left.

1 Like