Puissance Fiscale for 1990 Landrover Defender 110

Hi everyone, we’ve bought our LHD Landrover Defender 110 (1990 registration 2.5 diesel NA) out from the UK to France (its British registered even though its LHD) but because of its age we’ve been unable to get a Certicate of Conformity. The Garage need the puissance fiscale category for the Contrôle Technique but there is no information on the British V5 and the garage that sold us the vehcile in the UK are unable to help - has anyone come across this before with older vehicles? Many thanks, Lynn

1 Like

Is this any help?
http://www.autotitre.com/fiche-technique/Land_Rover/Defender/110_200_Tdi

We also have an older LHD Defender which we brought over from the UK, the puissance fiscale for ours is 10CV. I can ask my husband how ours was calculated when he gets home… I’m pretty sure we managed to get a certificate of conformity or something similar for it too (though I may be wrong…) and ours was born in Germany and lived in Greece before it came to us in the UK… It’s now on French plates and was much less hassle to convert than my husband’s motorbike is currently being!

1 Like

What’s the problem with the motorbike?

I’ve checked with my husband and ours states on the carte grise that the power is 10CV.
Ours is a 300tdi, first registered in 1997 so he got a certificate of conformity from Land Rover France (service homologation - homolog@jaguarlandrover.com). He has also told me that he read on a site that it is possible to get an alternative certificate called a Type Approval Certificate if the same make and model vehicle was sold in France, as per this article: http://www.frenchpropertylinks.com/essential/registering-car-france.html#.WQyjo4Mwh6c.email
It may even be possible to get a CoC for an older vehicle as he got one for his motorbike (which was originally registered in 1990, but the same model was sold in France). The problem with the motorbike is that he needs to change the headlight for driving in France, & has been told it has to be the same headlight that would have been fitted to the same model of bike when it was sold in France. He took it to Yamaha, who ordered a replacement from Japan, but when it arrived the fixings were different so they couldn’t attach it. He then ordered one he saw on LeBonCoin and fitted that, but now needs to get an attestation that it confirms, but can’t get this from Yamaha as they didn’t fit the light themselves so he is trying to do this directly via the DREAL…which is, like most processes in France, very slow and frustrating!

1 Like

DREAL will get you there in the end… we had to go that route with an American Import… donkey’s years ago… stretched my French to breaking point… but well worth the effort… :wink:

1 Like

It sounds as though your husband is nearly there with the bike. Some things do take time and importing pre CoC vehicles can be a pain when they’re less than 30 years old but that’s the risk that you take when you do it.

Thanks everyone for the information - between this and the garagiste at the Control Technique garage ringing the DREEL, we now have à Contrôle Technique! Off to the Prefecture next and the tax office for the import tax report thing! All good fun and thanks again.