Put down that steak knife

Have you tried Lavender oil on the temples or diffused in a essential oil burner.

1 Like

Hi Helen,
I have tried a few of the plant based products available over the past couple of years and found this one a month ago.

It’s the first such product I have found which works for me. I take two capsules about 45 minutes before going to bed. I can recommend it as it works pretty well for me but I suppose everyone may react differently.

1 Like

Have I been saying it wrong, I thought the phrase was ‘pot shot’?
Izzy x

Pot shot is certainly a well-recognised phrase, whereas Rocam’s utterance has little use beyond the ‘adult’ film industry.

2 Likes

Sex always (used to🤔) work for me

1 Like

Sorry to hear about your Mum, does she eat the same/similar diet to you?

Whilst it is currently left field for doctors treating people to adopt a low carbohydrate diet it can also prove very useful for type 1 as well.

Useful viewing.

1 Like

Thanks for that Rocam…I’d forgotten about essential oils…I’ve just ordered her some lavender oil from Lavender World in North Yorkshire…

Thanks for the suggestion Peter…I’ve ordered her some of that too…

That video about Type 1 diabetes is really interesting @Corona especially as he has Type 1 himself…

On the charts he showed you can really see the pressure the body is under with Type 1 over a 24 hour period and then charting it over months….

Yes she’s vegetarian too and sees her diabetic nurse regularly (has done for many years)

I noticed he also talked about sleep at the beginning and I feel if she could get a decent night’s sleep it would help…(she doesn’t like to get up in the night in case she falls) She’s been getting up with a headache and nausea for several weeks now…

Thankyou for your replies :heart:

1 Like

There is more

Metabolic syndrome causes so many issues. Doctors are taught to medicate but not un medicate, that can easily become a problem as described in the video.
Many problems including sleep become more achievable when inflammatory factors are reduced.
No seed oils, margerines or other manufactured junk.
As you can see its vital to monitor insulin levels via a wearable monitor.

1 Like

Interesting perspective linking pandemics with factory farming…

It shouldn’t come as any surprise, in human populations lower income, overcrowded poor nutrition all show higher death rates and infections. Why should it be any different in animal populations bread under similar conditions?

Lavender oil from Lavender World arrived yesterday (I ordered a “roll on” as she has limited movement in her hands so thought it might be easier for her) and last night she slept for 5 hours…she too extends her thanks…:heart:

2 Likes

Vegan diet for dogs and cats who are obligate carnivores…??? :thinking:

(I’m sticking with mostly raw for mine…they had a raw rabbit portion for breakfast today…I usually have Burns as a backup but can only get it in the big bags and as it’s not eaten daily then lots gets wasted when I start to worry that the bag has been opened for too long… I’m trying out 5 different Wolf of Wilderness in 1Kg bags Circa 60% protein from meat bone and offal and no grain options…They always eat the raw first but so far all like the Wolf of Widerness soft in beef and lamb…product of Germany…

Helen, I think its the same argument with human diets. People can thrive on both in some cases but some need one or the other to overcome issues. The overwhelming fact from the article is packet crap is as bad for both humans and our pets. I watched “how do they make that” or something like that, dried pet food made from ground up junk like corn husk then drowned in salty chemicals so the animal will eat it, a completely un natural diet. We know who you are Purina!!

1 Like

That was my takeaway from the article too :grinning:

I find this disturbing

“ Knight’s findings came after warnings that pet owners could be in breach of the Animal Welfare Act 2006 if they fail to feed a “suitable diet” meeting their dog’s nutritional needs – a £20,000 fine or a 51-week jail sentence could ensue.”

For me my collies’ nutritional needs and a “suitable diet” are best met by feeding (mostly) raw but it’s surprising how many vets will advise against it…

It’s legal to feed kiddies crap but not pets? Why does that not surprise me?

2 Likes

Not actually salt (NaCl) though, as this is highly toxic to both dogs and cats. Killing your customers is not reconned to be a good business strategy.

1 Like

Not since Sweeney Todd anyway.

1 Like

Lavender oil on temples and below her ears….8 and a half hours last night…:heart:

2 Likes

Stupidly forgotten about it. Will douse the man shape with it before bed!

1 Like