Quotes To Live By

I expect you know that lovely DH Lawrence poem.

I do know it, albeit a slight and old acquaintance, so I’m grateful Véronique for your kindly reminder. :blush:

Are we talking about snakes or Tory Ministers?

@pdf snakes vs Tory ministers

Snakes, for which I have due respect, and less for Tory ministers; although the latter are better endowed (as far as we can ever know) with more sophisticated mental faculties, no human creature should ever be arbitrarily judged as to their integrity or capacity for unselfishness IMO.

Proverb

3 Likes

Srong%20Women

2 Likes

That was fine when we were in the Dark Ages, but nowadays we see this demonstrated in our own living rooms daily.
ISIS, Al Qaeda, Venezuela and that is without all the kerfuffle in UK.

Maybe a case of “the biter bit”? It’s a global world and if you light fires in your neighbour’s yard don’t think the wind won’t change and burn your living room to cinders.

1 Like

Smile and the world smiles with you :smiley::smiley:

2 Likes

My thoughts are with you Elizabeth…

I can attest to what Simon has said…having received support and loving thoughts from many on here.

Simon ArmstrongsimonflysAppreciated

@elizabeth_sinnott remember you’re now part of an enormous ‘club’ - the membership criteria is pretty naff but the support available within it is just amazing. Shout, scream, laugh and cry but don’t forget to ask for help whenever you need it :sunflower::sunflower::sunflower:

2 Likes

Be careful then Peter.

1 Like

My discretionary faculty has served me reasonably well for 80 years so far, Jane, but I take nothing for granted. May yours continue to serve you as well too :blush:

’'If you want to be happy, do not dwell in the past, do not worry about the future, focus on living fully in the present.”
― Roy T. Bennett, [The Light in the Heart]

In other words… take each day as a gift… :hugs:

Yep - or simply just ‘get on with it’ - we can always find a reason NOT to do something…and join the ‘ahhhhhh but….’ brigade :slight_smile: