Recipes With Cooked Oysters

Unfortunately, I can’t eat raw seafood.
I adore oysters, and wonder if anyone has any recipes containing them cooked?
Please post up if you do.
I already have the Mark Hix Beef and Oyster Pie, which I will try when the weather cools down.
I believe Oysters Rockerfeller is a dish of baked oysters with Pernod and Spinach - any recipes out there for this? Tried and tested if possible.

Yum…

Where I live in the Carolina coast, we take bushels and roast them over a wood fire until they just open. Then we’ll spread them out on wooden tables with soda crackers, cocktail sauce and vinager.

That’s excellent news! I love them raw but I’m sure I could do serious self-damage with an oyster knife so I leave opening to others!!

Yes I did them like that and they opened - it was partly because we were staying somewhere with no means of opening them - necessity being the mother of invention and all…!!

I’m wondering now… is it possible to cook oysters like mussels, ie in the shell, without opening them first?

That sounds delicious. Will be trying it!

I have also cooked them in exactly the same way that I do mussels, leek, onion sweated in butter, oysters and a bit of creme fraiche, chopped parsley or coriander depending on mood. Was v good!

I’m not sure if anyone looks at these sites so heregoes:
1 tsp clerery salt
2 cups milk
1 tbs worchester sauce
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp tabasco
1/4 cup sherry
2 doz oysters with liquid.
butter
mix celery salt, worchester oyster paprick and oyster with the liquiid in a kettle heat until the edges get curly add the milk bring to a boil remove from teh heat and add the tabasco and sherry split into 4 and serve with a lump of butter in each bowl.

Have you tried oyster stew?

I’ve been thinking about this and I have a horrid feeling they were actually mussels! Still, I’m sure it would work with oysters as well. :slight_smile:

That sounds wonderful - Especially the tempura batter.

Hi Helen… I don’t have a recipe but many years ago I had oysters deep-fried in a very light, tempura-style batter in Wheelers, London. Absolutely scrummy!