Reciprocal Healthcare Post Brexit

New Update published 13 June 2018 - a little light reading :slight_smile:

Hmmm…quite a few “could” and other weasel words. Not that any of this means much as yet. But thanks for posting it nonetheless.

Reading this it occurred to me that UK citizens in Spain, and who have chosen to take Spanish citizenship, will have to give up their UK passports. So post 2020 will they be allowed to move back to the UK freely? (P10)

Currently I don’t see that we would be prevented even if we have also a french passport, but then who knows what future will bring.

1 Like

Thats why I’m hanging fire re applying for citizenship here Jane, just all too ‘iffy’, “weasely” at the mo’ :thinking: :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Jane.
I’ve always been under the impression that the UK government recognises and permits dual citizenship. Has something changed ?

Having read the document I think it is nice to see that in some respects the UK is offering a better deal to EU27 citizens in the UK than is being offered to Brits by the EU.
Also it is nice to see that the UK government is continuing to press for UK citizens Onward Movement rights to be protected.

It does Robert but Spain doesn’t - they require you to renounce your UK citizenship when applying for Spanish nationality.

LOL - that point of view very much depends on where you’re resident… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I wouldn’t hang around too long, Bill, you’re still looking at a 2 “ish” year application process :wink:

1 Like

You’re right Andrew, must remove the digit and start ‘seriously’ weighing up pro’s and con’s. (Dosen’t help being Libra :thinking:).

1 Like