Recommendations for an Avocat in/near Carcassonne

Can anybody recommend an Avocat please?

We had a couple who skipped from one of our properties earlier this year owing us several months of rent and leaving the place in a bad state and full of rubbish they decided not to take with them.

We employed a Huissier to help us to be able to take back possesion of the property, we have an order from the court in Carcassonne for unpaid rent and confirming the tenant has abandon the property.

But, we now need to be able to follow this up to be able to recover unpaid rent and comspensation for the damage.

We don’t need an English speaking advocat. We need somebody who is responsive and prepared to follow this through.

What rotten luck Grahame.

I realise you want a recommendation… but take a look at this site.

Stella,

thanks for taking time to reply.

I am looking for a specific recommendation rather than just looking up a list of Avocat. We’ve already done the general search for Avocat in/near Carcassonne.

Grahame

Might be worth asking at your Mairie…

and perhaps the Huissier can give a few names…

This is probably stating the obvious but are you confident that these people can pay? You can’t get blood from a stone and paying an avocat to go on a wild goose chase would be throwing good money after bad.

My “bad lot” got a monthly Allocation which was supposed to pay the rent (amongst other things) - yet they still reneged.

Quite possibly Grahame’s ex-tenants also get such a “handout” - in which case it might be possible to officially “grab” some of that before it lands in their laps each month… :thinking:

Thanks Stella, but the Hussier is part of the problem as they aren’t followiing through and are not even answering emails/phone calls.

They can pay, there is no doubt about that. They are running around in UK registered vehicles despite being resident in France for several years.

One of the vehicles is a big US pickup with a 5th wheel trailer, that alone is worth several thousands of pounds.

WE have UK rigistration number for the vehicles and need somebody to follow up with DVLA and the small claims court (or whatever that is called these days).

Oh, good grief… that is certainly not good enough.

I would go and “complain” about the Huissier, at my Mairie, and ask for their help on what to do next.

But, my lot are exceptional and your Mairie might not match mine… :thinking: