Reconfinement; here we go again/Macron /Castex et al

I really don’t understand some people, and it must be very difficult for you to try to enforce the rules, without either losing custom or getting into an argument or worse. I wouldn’t last 5 minutes running a shop and having to deal with fuckwits…:zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

You need to start coughing and sputtering on them Andrew, they’ll mask up quickly enough :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

What are the leaks saying? sorry I’m working and haven’t got time to check but curious!

You should try this for the glasses Robert. It’s been around for donkey’s years, I’ve used it on the inside of bike helmets and on my gasses.

Fairy washing up liquid is good too. I buy that here :smile:

https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00DEQKCWI/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A3NOZPPWLQBAFB&psc=1

After suffering this for so long, especially trying to sort out the little brown coins in the boulangerie while totally blind, the only place where I have to pay with money, I have finally sorted it out.

I pull the mask up to just below the eyes, so above the lower part of the specs, then put on the specs pressing them down on the mask. It has the same effect as those posh masks that have a little metal pinch strips in them and blocks exhaled breath from going under the glasses.

And I do wonder where some of you live in France, round here everyone wears a mask and, as far as is possible, maintains distance, and if they are anything like me, only go out when absolutely necessary.

Maybe that is why we haven’t had a single case. Or perhaps just lucky, but I have certainly seen no aggro. But I would still advocate nationwide restrictions because of the danger from wanderers from ‘polluted’ areas.

2 Likes

I’ve missed most of what’s been said as I’m in the shop working too but it looks like nationwide couvre-feu or confinement from the end of the week, primary schools open, collèges they’re not sure, Lycées and upwards closed. Lots of speculation, full details this evening 20h TF1 and France 2. Will write more if I get other info :wink:

1 Like

national confinement :wink:

Thank you! I must set an alarm to turn our Frenchtv on at 8 to have a listen! I’m kind of hoping college will be off as well as our son is at college in the ‘big city’ (Perigueux :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:) so if anyone is going to catch it / bring it back…

1 Like

What for sure???

we want collèes to be maitained as both of ours are at collège and need the interaction/need them out of our hair so we can work too!

Interesting survey here… Apparently, more French think Macron has handled the pandemic badly than either Brits or Americans (!) think their own governments have.

YouGov survey of about 26,000 people carried out in July and August.

I can’t fight the essential idea of wearing masks and wear them myself in shops or hospitals where it is obligatory, BUT for someone like me who is already very deaf, masks also remove any ability to lipread of even assess a facial reaction as a clue to what is being said - and sorry hearing aids do not penetrate through masks.
My life is getting more and more isolated - tank God or whoever for Youtube and subtitles! The latter may not be perfect, but at least gives me a good guide, for which I am deeply grateful!
Incidentally you might be surprised at how deafness creates aggression in people, even those close to you in family.

Nothing is 100% sure for the moment but that’s what everybody thinks and is being reported : confinement national “souple”

1 Like

Everything you say resonates with me, Norman, I am not deaf but my hearing is diminished and I realise I do rely alot on lips and facial expressions when conversing with people, especially in French.

And your last para even more so. My wife is softly spoken, partly because of totally different tastes in tv viewing, we live in different rooms and call though from time to time with important information (oven has dinged, steamer is steaming, rare common interest programme is about to start etc.) but sh e will not/cannot raise her voice to me and all I hear is a distant mumbling.

I get very angry, I can’t help it, at her total inability to understand my predicament. Unlike hers, my voice can get very loud, thankfully it stops there, but my blood pressure does not. :rage:

BTW, I guess that you don’t have Britbox. My advice don’t bother if you are deaf. There are usually subtitles, yes, but sometimes they lag behind the action, sometimes they disappear altogether and, worst of all, sometimes they are for a totally different programme/episode. Hence, another :rage:

Yep, that’s how I do it, I did try the stuff I used to use when I was on the motorbike, but it tended to smear

Looks like Macron will continue to prioritise education, so you may not have your wish… the rumours I’m reading are stricter local lockdowns, plus earlier couvre-feu, and if that doesn’t work then more national.

(Edit: just looked at L’Obs who are predicting national lockdown from Thursday! )

Latest on BFM is that collèges will stay open :smiley:

Not sure about local measures, most talk saying it’ll be national to get the message across and make life easier for everybody : same rules for everybody :wink:

So he is going to punish everyone because people in big city’s can’t keep to the rules

I go off to work where I am in close contact (too close for my liking) with several hundred people every day - we all wear masks but there’s always a minority who mess around with them, have a good poke around in their nose and are offended when you send them to the disinfectant bottle etc etc

1 Like

Hardly punishment, if you have been as virtuous as all that nothing will change for you, will it :grin:

2 Likes