Regarding Work Nature in France

Hello All,

Hope you are all doing well. I am here for a doubt regarding the work nature in France. I am student who completed my masters and now looking for a job either CDD or CDI. Also, I am doing a part time job at a restaurant in the evenings for my survival. If I get a CDD or CDI contract, still will I be able to continue my part time as well? Is it possible or is it allowed to do so on France?

Any answers related to this will be helpful.

Thanks in Advance,

It depends on the conditions of your visa / carte de sejour. Often student visas include the right to work up to a stated number of hours and may allow a stay for a period longer than your studies would take so you could still work that number of hours if your visa / carte de sejour remains valid.

If you have been a student, student union advisers or student welfare officers can often advise you in this area.

You will only get a CDD or CDI if your visa / carte de sejour allows it unless the employer is willing to get you a work permit. Many contracts of employment restrict or exclude you from taking other work - because that is the employer’s rule - although some people do anyway.