Regime social

When looking for a comparison for a mutuelle, the site wants to know our regime social. As retired UK citizens, are we ‘Retraité ancien salarié’ or ‘Retraité ancien travailleur non salarié’?

Most likely neither apply, and your regime is “general” or “CPAM” if you are inactif here. Or is there a S/O option (for sans objet).

Retraité in this sense means you are receiving a French pension.

2 Likes

The only other option is ‘sans emploi’, so I don’t know how I can use the site!

snap… I found myself in the same quandry last week… I’ll be following your progress with interest…

1 Like

It may well be because comparison sites only offer policies from companies who cherry pick the ´best’ customers ; ie those who offer the least risk. So if you want to insure an atypical property (renovated Martello tower?!) or a modified vehicle you are unlikely to find cover.

It is simply asking whether you retired from employment orself employment but as Jane says it is probably meaningless here since the UK retirement system does not differentiate.

Probably more likely “inactif”

Yes, but the interest from insurance companies is to know what type of French pension one has. And the OP doesn’t (presumably) have one?

I am very wary of these sites as the only time I usedone we had 9 months of endless phone calls trying to sell us insurance.

I would select a few and get direct quotes.

Well makes a change from insulation. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yup, always put a fake phone.

I appreciate they have to try to do business though so am always happy to receive and review a few emails to give them a chance.

Yes, emails are welcome, phone calls are not. I am only interested in having details in writing to consider, not phone calls.

I think perhaps your response came to me by mistake? As it happens I do have a French pension, but I was not the one asking the question,.

Yes, and no. Have edited my response.

1 Like