My passion in life is food, so I thought it would be fun to share recipes from where we live, so to start off, I thought I would post this local Quercy soup
Pumpkin,Tomato and Red Pepper Soup ( serves 6 people )
1 slice of Pumpkin , about 1kg, peeled and chopped
3 large ripe Tomatoes, chopped
1 Large Red Pepper, chopped
1 Large Onion, chopped
1 Potato, chopped
2 large cloves of Garlic , finely chopped
1 and a half litres of Veg or Chicken stock
Juice of half a Lemon
1 Large tablespoon Creme Fraiche
Salt and Pepper
Dried Chili flakes, to taste
Chopped Parsley to garnish.
1) Heat olive oil in a large pan and then add the onion and the pepper.
2) Add the garlic, then the tomatoes, pumpkin and potato.Give all the ingredients a good stir and fry for a few minutes.
3) Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover the pan and simmer for about twenty minutes or untill the veg is cooked through.
4) Add the lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili and simmer for another 5 minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche , then put in blender ( or use a hand held one ) and blend till soup is smooth.
5) Serve garnished with a swirl of cream and a sprinkling of chopped parsley and of course, lots of fresh French country bread...