Registering a 3 year old UK car in France

We are about to bring our UK registered car to France this month, its first UK MOT is due in April. When we apply for the carte grise is it acceptable to not have either an MOT or CT as it will be less than 4 years old?

Yes, I had that query when we arrived. Our Astra was less than three years old. I had it registered by the time it was three years old. I went to the CT station to enquire and was told that four years was the date, even though it had been imported.
When we brought over another car at two years of age, I registered it here, then took it for it’s first CT last June.
One thing to remember age is no guarantee of road worthiness, yet an MOT or CT is. If you have any concerns about your car, run it through an MOT now. At least you will know if it requires anything to be done. For £55.00 I think that is good value. I always used to ask for the vendor to freshly MOT a car before I would agree to buy it.
If however, your plans are delayed for whatever reason, the French will accept a UK MOT (since January 2015 I believe. I had one accepted in August of that year). It will only be valid for one year though.
Good luck with your move.

I know this has been covered before, and france is obliged to accept a UK MoT (at the moment), in reality with the new system, it is easier just to get a French CT