Registering a Jersey car

Morning all, I know there are some island folks on here, so my question is, how do I go about registering my Jersey car.
It’s not as straight forward as if I was from England.
I’ve got a headache
It’s a 2008 ford Galaxy
Any pointers or route to follow will be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean UK rather than England… sorry, I’m rather confused.

check this link…

Yes thanks, but it only describes what I’ve already read elsewhere.
Confused is an understatement.
I realize I need to get it to the imports ( where/ how), as I have owned it for years, I’m not likely to pay any duty or tax, I think.
It’s just that as I don’t speak much French, I need the exact route from someone who has already done this.
I can’t get to do this by myself, I’m old, I’ll be needing help, handheld help, kinda.
I had the car MOT done yesterday, first time for me that.
Next step?

@Mark_Rimmer @DeTolkTW

1 Like

You contact the Douanes office in the area where you live to obtain the 846a. You already have a CT (french MOT).
You will need to contact Ford France for a certificate of conformity as I seem to recall that the vehicle details are a bit sparse.
Then, if you have not been here long enough to be on the INSEE database, contact a third party who will collate & upload your dossier to ANTS.

2 Likes

If you need a 3rd party for ANTS you can go via a local dealership. It doesn’t matter which as long as they are SIV habilité. They can then upload the file to ANTS for you. On top of the cost of registering the car, carte grise etc you may have to pay an administration fee. This varies, as there is no set amount, but most places ask for 25€ minimum to cover the time etc.

2 Likes

Oh that’s the ticket, cheers guys, what a nightmare ay.
I have a carte sejour, been applying for my carte vitale for over 8 months, keep on getting the run around, they gave the wife’s no worries, but I need a social security number apparently!
Someone from head office is sorting it out for me now, I have an appointment next month, all my files have been lost, twice, so they are looking into the person who has been losing them. Lol
I’ve not long come out of open heart surgery, it’s been tough of late, on the mend, and pointed in the right direction.
Onward and upward

2 Likes

You should register your car within ONE month of its permanent arrival here. It should be the first thing you do, before all the other stuff, unless you don’t need a car to get about.
You are resident as soon as you arrive here with the intention of living in France.
Because it can take months for you to appear on the INSEE database even after you have a tax or Amelie number you have to use a third party service but be careful as not all garages or other service providers are up to speed with imports.
Make sure that you keep the whole of the registration certificate.
jersey reg doc.pdf (804.4 KB)
jersey export certificate.pdf (258.6 KB)

1 Like

I never obtained a Jersey export certificate, I came here directly after surgery with the intention of staying, even though before, I’ve been back and forth to Jersey on a regular basis for the last 9 years. My car insurance has been costing me an arm and a leg, special underwriting. I suppose I’m not doing it the right way, for sure. But hopefully it’ll all be right in the end.
Do I need one from Jersey then?