Renovating? Need materials?

Hi, We're currently renovating an old house in the southern tip of the Ardèche. Having done what we want to do we find ourselves with a heap of traditional old stone (the sort of stuff they use to build houses down here) and roof tiles.

We don't want anything for them - just want to get rid. Anyone or anyone know of anyone who might be interested to take them away for their own projects?

Many thanks

Rebecca

Just sent you a msg Theo.

That's a great idea - although hesitant to use BC again as last time it resulted in hundreds of phone calls from people who were less than serious :)

Rebecca, its a nice gesture! We are a bit more in the South, in the Gard, and your material could be nicely used for an extension as I have a couple of artisans working on it right now. Would be nice if you could give me a bit info about weight etc via PN...

It sounds as if Le Bon Coin would be a good idea. The tiles have a value - I think that we got 3€ each for our old ones a few years back. If you don't want the money, you could give it to the DEC for Nepal. I suspect that you'll get rid of everything far quicker like that.

Sorry Rebecca, not to solve your problem but to offer some roof tiles of my own to anyone who would like to collect them in Aude............... will post a picture next time I'm there, in the summer.

I had my remise roof redone with new timbers and tiles last summer, so have a lot of weathered canal tiles, like Rebecca's, free to anyone who wants to come and collect.

Anyone interested, please PM me.

You get the idea....![](upload://777lQPWXnsZN0moT3Gx70TAVcl8.jpg)