Rental Car for 3-4 Months?

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone can help - I am looking to rent a car for 3-4 months whilst we sort out a new car here (and need to understand the buying process here) as I am going to have to return my car to the UK. The normal rental firms’ prices are expensive as they are geared towards short-term rentals - I’m really looking for monthly rental rates, ideally with insurance included.
Any help/advice would be welcome.
Yogesh

1 Like

The Grandes Surfaces have pretty good prices for vehicle rental. For example, a Renault Clio is 280€ per month from E. Leclerc.

1 Like

That is good. Almost worth chucking the hassle of being a vehicle owner. There again it is a Clio.

They also have Twingos :wink:
And they’re a fair bit cheaper…

1 Like

I thought that Yogesh wanted to rent a car. :rofl:

If it were not for the “need to understand the buying process here” comment one of the cheapest ways of “renting” a car for the medium term can be buying one and then selling it when you are done.

As Brian said E. L’eclerc have great priced cars, starting from €4 / day (goes up €1 / day for each category up). KMs aren’t included, insurance / break down is. My friend has just done this for about 6 months as they couldn’t afford a new car and it gave them some time to save up / get a loan sorted. The only annoying thing she said was that she had to take it back at the end of each month (they check it / put you on a new month contract) but it forced her to keep it nice and clean (not easy with2 small kids!!!).

1 Like

Thanks Guys - I never thought of going to the supermarket for a rental - so I shall check out E. L’eclerc and others. I did think about buying one and then selling it - but I have too many other things to sort out (taxation, investments, etc.) right at this moment - also not sure about the new car - what to buy, etc., not sure that my current car is the most suitable for semi-rural France as well as lengthy continental Europe trips.
Once again thanks.

Huge range of cars to choose from, you could try a different one every month to see what you like!
https://www.location.leclerc/vehicules/tourisme

:+1: :pray:

1 Like

A quick caveat is that one specific branch will usually offer a small subset of the total range so don’t plan on testing every variant of the Alfa Spyder range!

2 Likes

I have sadly returned to the UK and have a French Registered LHD Peugeot 308 (automatic gearbox). It had been my intention to return to France, but that looks unlikely now so may sell. If you returning to the UK to sell your car and are interested let me know.

Hi Kay,
We are looking for a small LHD run around in the region of 79340 !!
Where are you? What age car? How many KMs? Does it have recent CT? What price you considering? Thanks. Rob.

That would depend on the one-off registration tax/change of ownership fee I think?

Hi Rob

I’m currently in Coventry (UK). It’s not a ‘small’ car, more a family car. I have had the car from new - 1st immatriculation 24/4/2017. It is a 1.2 PureTech Allure 130 EAT6, Black. It’s done 18,900 miles. I would be looking for £10,500. It would need to have it’s 1st Control Technique. I’m about to get the headlights changed and an MOT done so I can get it registered for UK use, but let me know if you’re interested and I will put this change on hold.

Regards

Hi Kay,
I’m afraid that I’m not really interested as that gets me into the buying process and thats one of the things I want to avoid at the moment.
Hope you can sell it on.
Regards
Yogesh

Hi Kay,
This is above our budget for the time being, but many thanks. Rob.