Residential static caravan for sale in the Gironde. Price reduced!

Due to having had to move closer to Bergerac, we are able to offer our residential, static, caravan (38’x13’; 12mx4m) to a discerning buyer. The ‘van is already sited on a prime pitch, in a quiet, family-owned, and run, site in the Gironde Départment (33) in SW France. The nearest large town is Coutras; and Bordeaux, with its airport, is only some 40 kms (25 miles) away. Bergerac, with its own small airport, is a little over 50 miles away.
If you are looking for a Club, a large swimming complex, two Bars, and a Disco, then Camping Le Chêne du Lac is definitely not for you. However, if you seek a peaceful site, with friendly, helpful, English-speaking, owners who live on the site themselves, and who are constantly upgrading it, then you will love this beautiful corner of France. Although there is no pool, we do have a private lake, with a sand beach. There is also free access to pedalos, rubber tubes, kayaks, etc., and a newly-installed diving platform. How many pools can boast such an array of water activities? Of course, one may simply swim in the lake as well!
The ‘van, which was privately built to our specifications, is just four years old, and has not been host to either smokers or pets. There are two bedrooms with double beds; one bedroom with bunk beds; and the lounge area has seating that may be made into a full double bed. This provides sleeping for up to six adults and two children.
The lounge area has the above-mentioned seating, plus a coffee-table, and a TV table — complete with a TV! We are leaving a clock on the wall above the fireplace, and even a Monet print on the opposite wall! There is an outside aerial that allows the reception of French TV programmes on a number of channels. By the way, the master bedroom also has TV reception through a wall-mounted aerial socket, with a power socket beside it. Luxury!
The kitchen area is well fitted with a stainless steel sink; a gas hob, and oven; an electric cooker hood; and oodles of cupboard space. We are even leaving a microwave! Safety is of paramount importance, so there is both a smoke alarm, and a fire extinguisher. A dining-table and four chairs are also provided.
There is a full bathroom, with wash-hand basin, toilet, and a proper bath with over-bath shower and a glass screen. Other fitments are in place as shown in the photographs. There is also an additional, separate toilet — a boon when up to eight people are in residence (or when someone is relaxing in a hot bath!) — complete with wash-hand basin.
The ‘van boasts full double-glazing, and full, gas-fired, central heating. The lounge area also has an electric fire, complete with remote control (luxury!!). There are curtains, or venetian blinds, at every window. This includes the patio doors that lead from the lounge area to the verandah which, at this point, also has a roof. All of this allows for all-year-round living and, indeed, we have lived in the ‘van as late as November, and as early as January! The site, of course, is open all year round. Free Wi-fi is available, and we could usually connect from the ‘van!
The verandah stretches all the way along that end of the ’van, and beyond the front door. Inset steps lead to ground level. At the end of the verandah, but on the ground, is a wooden shed for storage purposes. This contains a verandah table, four chairs, and a parasol. The verandah has a full balustrade which provides a level of privacy. The pitch is clearly marked by shrubs at one end, a low fence at the back, trees at the other end and, of course, the verandah at the front. There is also room to park a car beside the shed.
There is an almost full bottle of gas, together with a connection for a second bottle. The site rental is currently a mere €160 per calendar month. Having the ‘van already sited provides a saving of some €1200! This is not simply a “holiday chalet”, but a fully-fitted residential ‘van that we had intended to use as our main residence. The site does NOT have a “compulsory maximum age” policy. As long as the ‘van is kept in good condition, it may be sited for as long as is required.
The price for all of this is only £24,950 sterling - oVno.
After a number of attempts to defraud, we have decided that payment must be by BACS (electronic transfer), or Bank cheque, only.
Viewing may be arranged, questions asked, and photographs requested, by contacting me by e-mail at
revcbross@gmail.com or by telephone at
[0033] (0)5 53 57 72 34 or [0033] (0)7 68 53 27 01
This is a wonderful opportunity for someone to own their personal spot in the sun, in one of the most beautiful areas of a beautiful country. Lots to see, and do, in the area, e.g. St. Emilion, Bordeaux, Bergerac, the Atlantic coast, weekly markets, wine-tasting, walking, horse-riding, cycling, fishing, golfing, and other attractions. There is also the potential of hiring the ‘van - especially during the summer months, and over the Easter period. If one were to do so, even for those periods alone, the anticipated income should more than cover the site rental for the whole year.
Don’t delay - contact me today!

Hello my name is Elaine Brearton the virus has hit everyone hard My husband and I would have been to France for a holiday we’re it not for COVID we’ve gone to I’ll DE RE for 7 years now and LARochelle area I have been wanting to visit Bergerac and further afield we are not in a position to buy until we sell our house but I’m asking if we paid annual ground rent in January could we come to stay for three months next year to explore the area to see if we like living there but of course if you sell that would be better for you best regards Elaine

Hello Elaine, welcome to SF. Unfortunately you are responding to a very old thread so it’s unlikely that the person is still in the same situation. Hopefully someone else will come along with some suggestions for you.