I found these three industrial looking up-lighters for sale in a brocante, I thought that they would look superb outside on the terrace so we picked them up for 20 Euros! Here's how I went about restoring them.
Firstly I dismantled everything; one of them was quite badly corroded.
The reflectors will just need a wash.
Removing the old cable.
I had to spend a fair bit of time cleaning up the lamp holder plates.
The wire brush attachment was invaluable here, as it turns out they are actually made from stainless steel!
This part took around 3 hours!
Ready for re-wiring.
I decided that it would be more convenient to have a socket on each of thm too so that they could be plugged in to each other instead of requiring a socket each. It proved tricky to get the two cables needed for that into the connector block so I soldered them first.
Time for a quick test.
Cutting some perspex to keep the moths out and the coloured gels in place; you need to use a metal or acrylic blade on your jigsaw to cut perspex.
Cutting out a few different coloured gels bought from Lee Filters
Changing the gels is simple, the perspex covers lift off and you can slide it whichever gels you like.