Restrictions on coming to France

It has been rumoured that there are restrictions being introduced on coming to France due to Covid.

We hopefully have our son coming for Christmas on Tuesday.

Does anyone have any information from official websites of this.

I was wondering much the same as I have a crossing booked on the 2nd.

So far the government website is just listing PCR/LFT 48 hours pre-departure (if vaccinated) but I did pick up somewhere (not sure where now) that it might be about to change - as, presumably, you also did.

So, no answers, but a second plea for “if anyone knows anything
”

1 Like

The pre-departure test and sworn statement.
My eldest daughter and mother-in-law are coming on Sunday - we haven’t heard of any new restrictions.

Circulating this morning.

As ever with the Connexion there’s only a 50% chance of it being right!

There is a conseil on Ministers tomorrow, and covid restrictions are on the agenda. But until it has happened and decisions made nothing is certain.

50% is being generous😁

@Mat_Davies until something is actually decided/announced there is little one can do
 but we’ll know at the end of the week.

It’s just too vague at the moment

Apparently just mentioned on BBC & Sky also.

BBC reporting:

If we’re back to “Compelling reasons will be needed for entry” looks like my trip is off :frowning:

Next year we are moving Xmas to 25th November!

2 Likes

Looks like that will put the mockers on my son’s visit from UK on the 3rd of January. As much as a worry of being able to come or not is the fact that anything which happens in the other direction while he is here might prevent him from returning to London to catch his flight back to Thailand at the end of his leave of absence.

« On va mettre en place un contrĂŽle [
] encore plus drastique que ce qui existe aujourd’hui » , a dit M. Attal sur RMC et BFM-TV. « On va rĂ©duire la validitĂ© du test pour venir en France. C’était quarante-huit heures jusqu’à maintenant, ça va passer Ă  vingt-quatre heures. On va [aussi] limiter les motifs qui permettent de venir du Royaume-Uni en France. »

Il y aura « obligation de disposer d’un motif impĂ©rieux pour se rendre ou venir du Royaume-Uni, pour les personnes non vaccinĂ©es comme les personnes vaccinĂ©es » , mais ces motifs « ne permettront pas de se dĂ©placer pour raisons touristiques ou professionnelles » , a ensuite prĂ©cisĂ© le gouvernement dans un communiquĂ©. Les autoritĂ©s ont ainsi Ă©galement appelĂ© les voyageurs Ă  « reporter leur voyage » au Royaume-Uni.

Your son will surely be “visiting family” which looks to be one of the OK situations.

La messe est dite. Amen.

1 Like

I’m having trouble finding the Attestation " pour un motif impĂ©rieux"

can anyone post the link here please
 ???

It will be interesting when some figures become available about % of hospitalisations amongst people who catch Omicron, and % that actually end up needing ICU.

Plus to what extent the original vaccines are protecting against it. I think we have about 70 days left of the 100 days somewhere said it will take to test the effectiveness of a revised vaccine tweaked for Omicron.

I hope those countries such as Oz and NZ whose original strategy was to lock down borders to try to keep the virus out, have had time to roll out vaccines to the majority now. Because the rate of spread of this thing is going to get around any attempted blocks on entry. As it will take only 1 infected person and it will get out of control.

1 Like

This seems to be up to date Covid-19 : Conditions de déplacement entre la France et le (...) - France in the United Kingdom - La France au Royaume-Uni

1 Like

Your son will surely be “visiting family” which looks to be one of the OK situations.

Visiting yes, but not staying with, we don’t have the room. In any case, I am not sure despite not having seen each other for several years, it is worth the risk.

He has said his intention is to visit again next summer, and also that, despite his love for his job and Thailand, the time will soon come when he searches employment in Europe to be closer to family. He is estranged, though on very friendly terms, from his wife, and the children live in Wales with her.