Retailers that sell white goods

Prices in Darty stores can change on a daily basis. If you buy a product that uses batteries and install those batteries, Darty will neither accept a return or exchange the product. If they do accept a return and he price on the shelves has gone up, they will require you today the additional charge. All this applies even one day after the purchase.

I have used Boulanger for freezer, range, extractor hood, dishwasher. Go to shop or their website. I bought one of their cheapest dishwashers online and it came in 3 days.Also bought a Bose sound system there. Their website lists all their stores.

Also, check prices on website UBALDI. Have bought TV, Dyson and other items from them - usually very competitive and a great site to compare products and prices.

1 Like

One important component in the decision is proximity. If, for instance, we used Leroy Merlin then there is only one store in the whole department and that is an hour drive from us. However, that means if we have a problem and need their maintenance or support services it could be a long wait. We have Carrefour, Leclerc and Conforama within reasonable distance but Expert are our closest. The latter's prices are a bit more than the larger chains but probably going out to the larger stores and doing a tour to have a look before deciding is going to make up the difference, so choosing from a smaller range of good manufacturers with support close at hand makes the difference that helps decide. Darty seem to have annoyed a couple of friends and whilst looking in their store we heard an almighty row with a customer who had been waiting for over a month for a repair when her washing machine or dishwasher had still not been collected despite phone calls and promises of this week... It is a lottery of course.

cdiscount was superb in their delivery and price over recent freezer purchase. 2 yr warranty included.

Echo Leroy Merlin comments. Really good customer service.

yes I’d recommend Conforama also, bought our Bosch Fan oven and French marque Induction hob there, no problems with either of them when I left after 5yrs use, still going now almost 3 yrs after that to best of my knowledge. Got our chimney s/s Cooker Hood from IKEA, was best for price, 2 yrs After. We looked at Ikeas cooking appliances when we bought the units, but not impressed with the appliances.

I bought freestanding w/m and t/d from BUT, 2 yrs ago. again no real problem, except I was thought the t/d was a little clunky, and BUT had very good a/sales service, there wasn’t a problem I was told on re-delivery, it might not have levelled correctly originally, only thing is with bigger appliances they and other companies tend to collect them and take away to their service departments. didn’t cost me a sous as under guarantee.

when you buy if you can’t collect yourself, you are likely to have to pay a delivery charge per appliance! Daylight robbery! Made total cost probably 1/3 dearer here than if bought in Uk!

anyone know what the situation in France is if you have UK bought international brand appliances, and they would need a repair or service here. I expect it would be chargeable for collection and delivery!

conforama for a shop or online at c:discount

Have had a lot of success with Conforama this week -and although they say that they will not haggle a wander off and return half an hour later got me 50 off the price of a 250 oven.

Boulanger are very good for after sales in our experience, returned a cooked hood after six months (never got around to fitting it immediately) because a part was missing and they replaced the whole unit with no questions. Leroy Merlin are the same. OH took a circular saw back after 11 months and that was replaced (or refund offered). They also do built in kitchen equipment.

I would NOT recommend Darty - in my experience their goods are not of high quality and the after sales service is dreadful. We had to throw away an oven costing 1000 euros after two years, because they could never get it to work.

I have found Electrodepot very competitive. on price

Expert take away old appliances for recycling, which they actually do. Prices are much of a muchness but look out for promotions when you get pretty good reductions. Beware though, that can become and almost full time job.

Darty is good, have a look in store and then on line, usually find prices cheaper on line

Darty, Conforama,Expert, Leclerc, Carrefour all sorts of places and prices.

We recently used Ubaldi for a new dishwasher. Free delivery and competitively priced too.