Retire , move to france

yummy… added to vegetables, rice, pasta or whatever… and one year I tried to make marron glacé… (delicious disaster :relaxed:)…

1 Like

Not forgetting ACTION if you have one near very cheap for branded toiletries and cleaning products

2 Likes

My mum’s favorite pud is half crème de marron half crème fraiche mixed together, simple and deadly :yum:

Now that does sound wonderful… I’ll have to give it a whirl. :relaxed:

I’ll swap my best-loved dessert: soak prunes in alcohol until they swell… blitz and swirl the resulting thick “sludge”… through crème fraîche … to give a marbled effect… yummy… (or simply drop a spoonful of the sludge on ice-cream) … hic

2 Likes

I had something similar, once in a restaurant in Paris, it was prunes in red wine, with vanilia ice-cream and unexpected but lovely, black pepper !

Hmmm… they must have been sneaking a peek in my kitchen… :grin::wink::rofl:

It sometimes surprises folk to discover how the “kick” of black pepper, piment d’Espelette… (that sort of thing) … can transform a dish… be it sweet or savoury…:relaxed: I love experimenting… and my neighbours and friends enjoy being my “guinea pigs”… :grin:

1 Like

I cook a lot in my Tajine, it’s realy a good way to turn hard bit of meat into something tender. And you can play a lot with spices, vegs and dry fruits, like dates. Lovely with couscous and it makes a cheap meal.

3 Likes

‘Max Plus’, is another discount place here that can be useful :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

ALL insurance!
Our cars are old and grey!
Our property insurance will be higher than many as it covers
liability chamber d hote etc.

1 Like

I’m not sure how that is going to work…

Health Issues :hushed::zipper_mouth_face::thinking:

How I wish my sibling was in France and NOT in UK… :sob::sob::sob:

3 Likes

True Stella. French healthcare system streets ahead of the UK. So glad Hubby is here and not in UK.

3 Likes

oh the healthcare is excellent!

2 Likes

Of course the healthcare is good here, look how much is pumped into it and look how much French people are taxed.

1 Like

Around Redon you would almost get a mansion for 200,000 Euro. You could easily get a home for 100,000 but it is your income that might be a problem. Here is the minimums you will need to be allowed to get a Carte de Sejour. After Brexit you will need this as income:

The guideline figures (applicable from 1 April 2018)​
Under 65/live alone: 550,90€ per month;
Under 65/couple: 818,22€ per month;
65 or older/live alone: 833€ per month;
65 or older/couple: 1293,54€ per month.

That doesn’t leave much room for wine and beer.

CHRIS

1 Like

Yes, of course it costs money to run it properly… much better than the third world options being metered out to the tax paying masses in the UK no matter how much Ms May and her cronies suggest otherwise.
They live in cloud cuckoo land…

Tim…

I think it is the “waiting” for results/news at almost every stage of any sort of medical investigation… that I really cannot understand/abide.

Here, I have an x-ray and within 30 mins a Doc is explaining to me what is showing on the x-ray. Another short wait and I finally leave the hospital/clinic clutching my x-ray and explanatory letter from the Doc… for me to take to my Family Doc within the next couple of days (or before if urgent).

I am fed up with hearing family in UK telling me… We have to wait until next week (or the week after) to find out what the x-ray shows…

They are left with no idea what is going on , with no treatment in place…until their Family Doc actually receives it from the X-Ray centre (or wherever)… and discusses it with them…when he can fit-in their appointment, of course.

2 Likes

… and if they managed to survive that long…

Lidl wash powder is just as good and far cheaper…

1 Like

Please read the packaging if you have a Fosse. I think Ariel is not fosse friendly.

Whatever, simply make sure that the packaging is clearly marked… "Safe to use with a Fosse Septique " or you will be ruining the “action” of the Fosse… :open_mouth::thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like