Revoke Article 50 Petition and Remain in the Eu Petition

Absolutely - all those MPs wavering - caught between their common sense and the Referendum result have to recognise the petition and tomorrow’s march - assuming its as enormous as I expect. We have a responsibility to show up the misuse of the “will of the people” conclusion for the lie that (I believe) it is.

1 Like

Maybe it’s because the criteria is either uk resident or British citizen…??? It’s reasonable to suppose that there are currently British Citizens all over the world…whether living…on holiday…on business…visiting friends and family…

The petition to revoke article 50 has gone viral worldwide only in the last 48 hours…My mom and my kids and my auntie and uncle and their two kids have only just heard about it and signed it this morning…just about every global news agency is carrying it…x :slight_smile:

“Over the course of Thursday, the parliamentary petitions website collapsed multiple times under the weight of traffic to the plea. The error message “Bad gateway”, which displayed when the website was struggling most, even trended on Twitter at times throughout the day.

In order to keep the petition site online as much as possible, several resource-intensive features were disabled, including a chart tracking the petitions with the highest uptake, and the signature count was slowed to update only every 30 minutes – leading some to worry that their signatures were not being counted.

Early on Friday afternoon, more than 1,000 viewers were logged on to livestreams of the website on the video game streaming service Twitch, letting them watch the count update in real time without needing to worry about whether or not their visits might contribute to the site’s struggles.

As the petition attracted attention, conspiracy theories were traded from both sides of the EU divide. Some expressed fear that the site’s troubles were a plot to prevent further signatures, while others claimed that a small proportion of signatures from addresses listed as overseas – including one from “North Korea” – meant that the petition had been “hijacked by bots” and that “the vast majority of signatures were actually fake”.

In fact, 96% of the signatures are listed as from the UK. In a tweet, the House of Commons petitions committee also clarified that overseas signatures were perfectly valid, since “anyone who is a UK resident or a British citizen can sign a petition. This includes British citizens living overseas.”

Thanks, for the info, gr8 news, so I haven’t wasted my time by signing. Let’s hope that those in power take note too!

1 Like