Rolling out the jabs - doncha hate the jargon?

That’s a good point.

Now, have I mentioned how much I think how Bojo has screwed up… :joy:

1 Like

Surely nothing wrong with that, Eddie, it merely means that many of us are talking about the things that interest/affect us most.

And there is always the opportunity to skip posts that are off topic and reply to the ones that are.

It means what has the potential to be a vibrant , interesting forum becomes monotonous and dreary with the same voices always crying out to be heard

1 Like

Are you saying that you can’t post then? because as a newer member its difficult enough to get past the “clique” even when you’ve lived and worked in france for thirty years .If that is the case then why would any new comer bother?

It is a problem when one seeks to find important info and you have to trawl through a multitude of irrelevant posts. Perhaps the more important issues/threads should be moderated, so that they act as a good future reference source?

The principle makes sense, but in practice on SF moderation is entrusted to the collective of users who by and large show restraint and keep each other in check pretty well. The huge popularity of the site suggests it works smoothly and efficiently , and the distinction between serious enquiry and AOB is quite clearly demarcated and appreciated by the majority.

I and several other regulars contribute to and benefit from both modalities and IMO the site is quite distinctive, but will not be to everyone’s taste.

That is to be expected, I think.

1 Like

If it’s that monotonous and dreary @Eddie you can either A) post ‘un-dreary’ content yourself, thus relieving the monotony or B) vote with your feet and go elsewhere. Let me know if you would like me to remove your account?

2 Likes

That was my point above. There are chatty threads and there are factual/advice threads. I think it’s a strength that one can find both here, once one doesn’t confuse one for the other.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8slXvwksK9s

2 Likes

@John_Scully.

Cucumbers. The last piece in the jigsaw. Now it all makes sense. :cucumber::upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Coming to this thread late, but I’m really offended by UK politicians and others’ continual deployment of the phrase,
‘I’m sorry/apologise if anyone has been offended’, which is only ever trotted out if lots of people have actually been offended.

I’m no longer able to listen to the BBC, I just get too angry ( also my wife kept telling me you can’t keep shouting "Bastards!’ when the news is on).

2 Likes

If, as alleged, Trump only enjoys eating Big Macs, why exactly (though, please not in too much detail!) does he like cucumbers ?

1 Like

I’ve exercised my grey matter in this one but, although a number of plausible hypotheses have formed up in my mind, and I do sense the readership’s appetite for an authoritative answer, all are either too esoteric to share, or too darkly cavernous to see the bright light of day.

Shan’t give up though, so keep those fertile imaginings ever in gleeful play… :cucumber::cucumber::cucumber::cucumber::carrot::broccoli::strawberry::roll_eyes::hugs:

You do that too :roll_eyes: