Russia tells France to rebrand Champagne as ‘sparkling wine’

quell horreur!!

Will France retaliate?
What are your suggestions as a name for rebranding Vodka?

3 Likes

Having spent quite some time in Russia and her satellite soviet and ex soviet “states”, and did a fair bit of “research” on the stuff (who wouldn’t at less than 1 USD/bottle for the good stuff), Russian “champagne” is nothing like the French. It’s more like a 1 euro bottle of Pol Remy (don’t even know if that still exists here):clinking_glasses::clinking_glasses:

As for Vodka, that’s something they are very good at, like the Poles. Makes driving interesting…

2 Likes

Industrial meths

2 Likes

GopniKola?

2 Likes

Eau de mort

3 Likes

The raw material for making Gin

1 Like

That’s what the Suffolk brewery and now distiller Addams did to make the base spirit for their award winning gins. Turned out that the vodka they made was so good, it won gold medals at several vodka competitions, much to the annoyance of the Russians and the Poles.

1 Like

I wonder what Russia is “up to” on this one. Dorkhead Putin is out on a limb.

His kids bought a large wine-making property in southwest France in 2015 (or thereabout) and his ex-wife also bought one (I think). The kids go there frequently. It’s not the right time to pick-a-fight with France over labelling “Champagne”.

Anyway, Russsia today has become the type of country against which the Communist Russians unseated the Romanov dynasty. Putin probably thinks that can’t happen to him … ?

Adnams ales, now you’re talking….

One of the few things I miss about that area is a visit to the Adnams shop, not to mention fish and chips in Aldeburgh.

Aldeburgh - fabulous place - just make sure you don’t have too much of the Adnams otherwise you end up calling it Adleburgh :slightly_smiling_face:

I was weaned on the stuff Graham so I should have enough antibodies to counteract anything !!

1 Like

Potato water ?