Ryan Air after Brexit

Ryan Air… what are they up to now ? :roll_eyes::thinking::zipper_mouth_face:

Perhaps if the UK Investors removed their money from Ryan Air… that might remove Ryan Air’s worries about “after Brexit”… :thinking::relaxed:

Ryanair being the main airline into Bergerac I wouldn’t want them to struggle and drop Bergerac.

I think Ryan Air is all hot air and bluster… trying to wind folk up at the moment… but I may be doing them an injustice… :wink:

Maybe not doing Ryanair the credit is deserves, Stella, for totally transformng European air-travel and making it amazingly accessible to so many people, of all ages and income-levels: an unimaginable democratisation of what used to be privileged to a wealthy, and middle-aged elite.

I’ve grumbled myself a bit about the occasional pinch-points, but it has always been safe, cheap and does what it says on the tin. Rock on Ryanair!

8 Likes

Yes and now our favourite beach and village in Greece is full of lager drinking chaffs who only want burger and chips or a full English all day, Thank you for nothing Ryan Air.

There’s no accounting for taste, Mick! :sunny::joy::sunny:

2 Likes

I have concerns that Ryan Air bullies its way along…

I may be completely wrong… (no-one is perfect)…:roll_eyes::relaxed::relaxed:

It’s true that customers are not feather-bedded, Stella, it’s a cut-price what-you-see-is-what you-get enterprise, but I’ve flown with them many times and never felt bullied, nor has my wife who knows what it’s like to be bullied big-time.

Can’t speak for the staff, of course, but as a customer I like the way it operates, great value for money, safe and efficient. As you say nothing’s perfect! :pound::euro::+1::blush:

5 Likes

My one doubt with Ryanair is that they do seem to cancel flights at the slightest excuse, Easyjet flights seem more resilient eg when there are air traffic control strike (when not if!)

I’m a big fan of Ryanair as well Pete. A very satisfied customer over the last 10 years or so. Always been on time, clean, efficient, staff always friendly and, best of all, amazing value for money.

If you are flying longer than a few hours and want your seat to recline, TV/radio, more legroom, a meal etc then Ryanair clearly won’t meet your needs. But 2 hours between Montpellier/Carcassonne and Stansted then the same facilities as a train or a bus is fine for me.

5 Likes

You don’t become the biggest airline in Europe through “hot air and bluster” Stella. The “news” in the BBC article above is old news and just concerns airline ownership. It’s BEEB hot air :slight_smile:

Here’s another airline that has the same concerns as Ryanair.

You’ll be alright after March 29th Mick.

1 Like

We’ve been extremely lucky with FlyBe which runs a service from don’t laugh “London (Southend-on-Sea)” to Caen (Carpiquet), both Lego-brick airports with a bus-stop, an un-manned car-hire desk, and a 30-second walk to the cheap long-stay carpark.

Southend-on-Sea airport is a speedy ten-minute train-ride to our English dwelling, and Caen 70 km from our French home, with IKEA, meat-balls and frites en route :fries::grin:

Depending on wind-direction and wind-speed the flight takes 35-45 minutes. Takes longer to get to Liverpool Street :flight_departure:

What’s not to like?

1 Like

How fortunate is that! Would love to be able to fly to Southend. Only 20 mins by car to my Mum’s house from there on sunny Canvey Island.

Where’s the IKEA? My son lives in Hockley and hasn’t mentioned a new one in Southend.

I never meant that RA bullied customers… just everyone else… :roll_eyes:

why on earth does the BBC put out “old News” they dated it 19th Sept… :thinking:
and the Press… what are they doing… ???

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-19/o-leary-goes-cap-in-hand-to-ryanair-investors-in-rare-mea-culpa

We should know by the end of today… just what has been achieved (if anything)

It’s Ryan Air’s AGM so it’s just a filler for the Beeb.

It’s just an AGM Stella with some troublemakers, as usual…

"Shareholders at the meeting questioned whether chairman David Bonderman and senior independent, Kyran McLaughlin, could remain independent following long years of service on its board.

Both men survived the votes to re-elect them, with 70.5 per cent of shareholders backing Mr Bonderman and 66.8 per cent supporting Mr McLaughlin. Mr O’Leary kept the support of 98.5 per cent of shareholders"