Ryan Air after Brexit

Sorry, John, and I have edited the post so you get the credit you deserve for jogging my failing memory of a bag-event that cost me dear. Sorry, Graham, for having called in error on your lovely monniker, which strangely reminds me of Fairisle pullovers, balaclava helmets, and home-made toffee-apples :pensive::heart:

1 Like

My daughter,who is only 5ft tall, never checks in until the night before the flight and doesn’t pay to choose a seat and almost always get a a seat with extra legroom. We think people won’t pay for the extra legroom so it is left empty until the last minute when she checks in.

We see Ryanair as a cheap way of getting from here to the UK and never pay for any extras, the wife is actually glad of an hour’s peace if we don’t sit together.:grinning:

2 Likes

:blush:

Which is exactly what poor Stella and her clutched handbag don’t want :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s another option for O’Leary to include, guaranteed not to sit together.

1 Like

OH would pay a premium for that guarantee!:grinning:

1 Like

Fortunate indeed, Mandy. We were on the maiden flight from Southend to Caen, and there were about 20 passengers on board to my recollection, though it’s busier now, but still something of a well-kept secret, I think.

French families who arrive at Southend tend to look a bit bemused on arrival, as there’s no signage in any language except English, and from the main arrival hall to station platform takes less than a minute. Culture shock/rude sarf’end awakening/spotty Essex yoof on the train up to Liverpool Street +++, but very authentically English :+1::grin:

1 Like

Me too Mandy…We LOVE Ryanair…if it wasn’t for them my family would really struggle to visit as often as they do…

Regional airport to regional airport…not much more than an hours flight…so hardly even time to fit in all the safety announcements on take off before landing again…x :smiley:

2 Likes

I see Mr O’Leary is setting up a new base at Merignac. Increasing his European credentials.

Michael Archer that well known “Greek” name “our” beach… exactly whose beach Mike??
I don’t love Ryanair far from it I will only use them once they treat the pilots and staff with the respect they deserve. But I don’t think you can blame them for ruining “your” beach