S1 at UK Retirement Age

Ah, but it might in the meantime Jane as I am currently taking medicaments following an AVC earlier in 2015 and for diabetes together with hospital appointments for related eye conditions. These are currently covered by the protocol de soins attestation provided by my MT.

I am probably now eligible for my own CV (having been in France for 8 years) but it seems such a waste of effort going through that process with CPAM only for it to be changed again at the beginning of March when I hit 65. My Wife (under which I am conjoint) is with RSI/RAM.

Anyone have the number at Newcastle to hand?

Graham, this shoukd not affect you as you are now applying as of your own right.

Apologies Pauline, but the link doesn't seem to go anywhere....

My husband and I are in exactly the same situation as Shirley and her husband were. He is nominated on my CV as "ayant droit". However I have just read on the 20minutes online newspaper that as of today the concept of "ayant droit" is abolished for adults. To quote directly, Le statut d’ayant droit disparaît pour toutes les personnes majeures : on ne dépend plus de quelqu’un pour être affilié à la Sécu. Here is the link

This change came about to simplify matters in case of family rupture, kids growing up, etc. What it means for us, and what if anything we need to do, exactly, I have no idea.

It is the same place in Newcastle, they administer the pensions and health care for overseas citiens.

The Overseas Health Team is a new one to me Jane. I only ever dealt with or spoke to the Pensions Office. Although the entry on my bank statements changed from originally quoting my NI No something else, Citibank, I think and no mention of my NI No. My last call to the UK to query if we were getting the fuel allowance, and by then the UK Gov Website and phone nos had changed!

Seems they do then Graham. That’s one good thing! :slight_smile:

Graham,

The winter fuel payment is not paid by the overseas health team.

No matter how much you might dislike it, you will have to make a claim for your S1 from Newcastle, just like every one else.

No Shirley, WFP not made this year (2015) so they clearly know we are in France.

Hi Graham, yes the WFA was also paid to us here in euros also. Even after we separated here in 2013 we received the single WFA each for 2 years In winters 2013 & 14. Are you saying you received your WFA for this Winter also? We’ve all been saying here it wasn’t being paid to Expats for this 2015 winter irrespective of age!

When it started in 2007, I think, that was the year I reached retirement age but my husband didn’t, although we were both 60 that year in same month and met the then UK residency and age criteria I.e. 60! Plus married couple status, of living in the UK as at 23rd September 2007, if memory serves me correctly! We moved permanently to France in January 2008. Me UK State retirement uage, him not!

So I’d love to know if you still got it this winter, whether half of a couple or not!

Graham, you have always had to apply for this form. It used to be called an E 121.
You will need to go to the CPAM in your area. It is the most effective way to start the process.

Thanks Shirley. But, is it now a cost saving exercise not to inform people approaching retirement age in the hope that they won't ask for it? They certainly know I'm here... they were paying the WFP to me in Euros.

Best I give them a call methinks..

My husband was conjoint on mine when we moved here because I was already UK retirement age of 60, and by the time he reached the then UK retirement age of 65, 5 years after me ,if I remember correctly DWP sent him a letter confirming the date his UK state pension would start, the amount he would receive etc etc., I don’t remember if he had to contact CPAM or not but think he may have had to fill out a form for them also and send it with a photo, then received his own CV. Also a call to the English Speaking CPAM number will get you through to someone who will help with this end of the process for you.

They are supposed to respond to a written request within fourteen days, but the response can be that they are looking into the matter.
A telephone call should work.

Brian, I don't currently have my own CV as I am conjoint on my wife's (she is with RSI as an AE).

If you are in the French system already you do not need it, speak to the people here.

Thanks Jane.

Is there a time limit before which DWP will respond (1 month, 2 months)?

Hi Graham, you need to speak to the overseas health team in Newcastle and ask for it.

You will need a copy to send to the tax authorities to prove that you are not a drain on the French health system and therefore, do not need to be assessed for social charges.

Newcastle only issue one copy of the S1, so guard it carefully and never let the original go to any French authority, or that will be the last you will see of it.

You can always ask for a receipt to prove that they have had sight of your documents.