OUR FRENCH LIFE - SALADE FRANCAISE
Today is a better day, no problems have yet arisen that's not to say they won't the day is young, Don't get me wrong it sounds like there is always something going wrong, John say's we don't haveproblems, we have challenges, I agree it does sound better, all in all our life here is very good and we would never contemplate returning to England at the moment.
I was reading a blog from a fellow blogger about diets of all things, perish the thought and thinking it will soon be summer and salad time, but it also made me realise that I only like salad if it includes fattening things like dressing, cheese, Potato salad etc:
THE FRENCH EAT SALAD WITH EVERYTHING, I AM PRETTY SURE THEY HAVE IT FOR BREAKFAST :)
Our neighbour says she eats salad three times a day and judging by the size of her that is all she eats, plain salad does nothing for me unless it is in a sandwich but I absolutely love vinaigrette the french way, we rarely buy dressing and always make our own and providing there is meat of some sort I can cope with the salad with just vinaigrette, here is how we make ours:- I never measure really.
In a jug put
- Black pepper and a little sea salt.
- dollop of Dijon mustard
- 1 glove of garlic crushed - optional
- 3 Tbsp White or Red wine vinegar
- 6 Tbsp Olive oil of your choice - I am into Greek at the moment, it is nice and mild
- The French seem to eat what they like and in large quantities but then walk it off afterwards
- They eat late in the evening
- And drink lots of wine
- Have we been doing it wrong all this time?