Sale of a motorhome

Isn’t unsafe bodywork a reason for MOT,/CT failure?

no idea… it’s non-visible I’m wondering about

Are there any inside pictures?

What is the price?

My mistake. LMC is part of the Hymer group. Geist is the name the model is sold under in Germany. You can see that name on the photo of the back of the van. It means “Spirit”. You could have googled LMC…maybe with “motorhome” attached. As with so much in life these are in the eye of the beholder. Personally I did not like the internal design of Rapidos and found them cramped. I chose this because of the (permanent) twin rear beds which convert into a very large double if wanted and these lie over a large “garage”. Plenty of storage there.

The motorhome passed its MOT and has had just 2k miles added since. There has been no damage since except for the indicator a blundering cyclist knocked off. I will repair that. I explained in my first post it could do with a rear light assembly which you kindly highlighted.

Internal photos as requested.

1 Like

Bonjour @Beerbiker - When offering a vehicle for sale the biggest question for most potential buyers is the price - seems that you are a little reticent to even give a ‘ballpark’ figure. We are in the market for one but my OH has reservations about your motorhome and said, in his best Dragons Den voice “I’m Out!”. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It could be given an annual maintenance check but, as I said, it has not done many miles since the last one. We are selling because it is now surplus to needs. In terms of repairs, if I had the time, I would replace the rear light assembly (the biggest job), put a new glass cover on the cooker, mend the cupboard carousel and maybe replace the habitation lock. As far as I am aware everything else is working fine. It has new engine batteries which are charged through the solar panel. It also has the integrated Gaslow system which obviates the need for bottles…fill at a petrol station (inc. multiple connectors f.o.c!). I forgot to mention I have had professionally fitted an electronic switch which makes it almost impossible to steal. It also has a very big garage with fitted cycle rack and securing gear. It is a lovely vehicle to drive (6 gears) and the twin rear wheels make it extremely stable. We last drove it to and from Sicily from Manche…a great way to travel and when we did that run previously with Covid restrictions did it with just one overnight stop. It will do 85mph plus but I find around 70 a perfect balance. Ah, it also has extra security locks on the garage, an external lock on the habitation door and internal locks for passenger and driver doors. The more I think about what I’ve done the more I am inclined to keep it!

If I can find the thread, I will link it here… it relates to a chap who sold a vehicle in good faith and had the whole transaction end in a nightmare, when the Buyer insisted on moneyback + due to something “not good” discovered some weeks later…

it was a horrible time for the seller and something to be avoided if at all possible.
MOT reports, CT reports… if these are available to the Buyer you should be ok, but it can be a minefield… vice cache is what it’s called…

1 Like

Sorry to hear your OH problem. I did not put a price on it because I was just dipping my toes into the market and at that point in time had no real idea. I would definitely take £20k but would be open to any serious offer. Basically I am up to my eyes looking after my wife and house…playing catch-up following her stroke some time ago and my, more recent, hospitalisation following a few years of prostate difficulties.

2 Likes

20K seems a reasonable price and hope you make a quick sale. Sounds like you don’t really need the stress and we wish you all the best.

Thanks for being understanding…you’re spot on! The last thing I need are critical/spurious comments but I welcome constructive ones.

Hi, when we came to France to buy a house , we had a motor caravan which we took to Chalon, as they were inspecting our caravan for French Use. Inspector said our caravan was fine, but if you are thinking of bringing your motor caravan,don’t bother, as France will not pass any motor caravan that has door opening on wrong side for French motorways. Don’t know about your door, but found his comment, worrying.

Genuine question .
Twin rear wheels suggest a big kerb wieght.
What is gross wieght?

I believe this is incorrect as I know people who own motorhomes with UK- style doors who have (after jumping through many other bureaucratic hoops) managed to register their RHD vehicles here in France.

The pictures show the habitation door to be on the same side as our LHD Rapido.

Surely if on a French motorway and a vehicle breaks down , in a LHD car the driver gets out into lane 1,
and a RHD car the driver gets out on the verge side, thus making the RHD vehicle safer. I also thought no one should be travelling in the habitation side anyway.

If you want to check any specifications or the manufacturer please use the internet. It knows more than I do! As you seem to want to ask many questions let me help and guide you to websites which may answer all you wish to know.

LMC Liberty Start TI 708G - Practical Motorhome

(417) LMC Liberty 708 Ti G - YouTube

LMC Liberty 708Ti | Practical Caravan Forums

The latter simply for an independent comment on the type

Just remembered I have installed an inverter so low power devices (computers/phones etc) can be charged overnight or whilst bowling along.

1 Like

Indeed, I mentioned some advantages of rhd and that is one. The driver’s door is the same side as the habitation door. The safe side!

There are two seats with safety belts in the habitation section. Those plus driver and two passengers means that, in theory, it can carry 5 people legally. We have on occasion driven with 4 quite happily.