Saudi Women

Great, they can drive, it’s a start, but lots of things they can’t do, amazing in the 21st Centuary, I worked there for two years, not an easy place to live, but the tax free dosh compensated, though I turned down an accompanied contract, wouldn’t have inflicted that on a Woman.

Back to 1970s humour - “Can’t Park”!

Just to easy really - but seriously isn’t it truly absurd that a particular gender is banned from driving.

For some reason (clearly money but shhh) the UK turns a blind eye.

1 Like

Saudi roads have just got more dangerous.:wink:

1 Like

:unamused:

When I worked there, I was not impressed, seeing the Datsun Pickups, with the women all wrapped up in black, with the female kids in the open back, and ‘Daddy’ with the male infants in the cab, thought, apart from the money, I’m not going to be impressed much here, and I wasn’t disappointed!
But it seems, the same attitudes persist here, with some, in the ‘enlightened’ West. :disappointed:

Saudi has just got more dangerous for Saudi men, period, Tim. The barriers to woman-to-woman communication have been terminally eroded by the Internet, and Western influence on Saudi Arabia has made it possible for a whole generation of Middle-Eastern women to become fully conversant with English and other European languages.

Male hegemony is a fragile thing based on an oppressive psychology that is already in pathetic retreat worldwide, I think. One of the most optimistic features of future-think, perhaps, but I look forward very much to Tim’s astringent response…

1 Like

:+1: well put Peter :+1:

You old codgers have got no sense of humour.

Probably true, because women have not been able to drive before now.

1 Like

The women only walk in front through minefields.

1 Like

At the risk of diverting this Thread… would the life of women in Kuwait be any different from the life of Saudi women ?

1 Like

“You old codgers… no sense of humour”.

Funny :joy: you should think that, Tim…:thinking:

1 Like

Just a bit/lot different perhaps, I hope! speaking for myself, Tim, :slightly_smiling_face:
I couldn’t find anything slightly humorous, about the poor women and girls in the back of the Datsuns :unamused:

1 Like