Seeking your thoughts & advice on a new venture

9 seaters are fab, I had one for ages because I have numerous children :relaxed:

1 Like

Hi Sue,
I think you would find it difficult to earn a living from your idea. I live in a well populated area where there are already loads of taxis and minibus services available. I used to live in your area and that area is comparitively dead, Ican’t honestly see how you would be able to make a living from fishing parties etc. I seem to recall that licences to carry passengers by taxi or minibus are issued quite sparingly, a bit like a Licence IV for bars and I believe only a certain number of Licences are allowed in each area.

However, if I was considering such a venture I would give ambulance type taxi/minibus a try. For this you would need a CCA licence (unless things have changed). This would allow you to pick up and bring back people to and from medical establishments. You could convert the minibus to carry wheelchairs etc which would enhance your business as currently most CCA vehicles are saloon cars. The vast majority of customers are patients which are reimbursed by the CPAM and/or insurance companies.

Just an idea.
However,

1 Like