Selling U.K. Registered van in France

This is exactly what was implied earlier in the thread. If a vehicle is brought into France it must be registered by the person who imported it. If it is sold in France it has to be registered here. That means a registration fee and a second registration fee when the new owner registers it. If you try skipping the first registration and are found out the state will demand the missing fee. Leboncoin is not the best platform to sell your van. Advertising it on expat sites and finding someone who will happily claim that they imported it is what you need. I believe there is another thread on honesty.

It has nothing to do with honesty it is solely that I have been banging my head against a brick wall since I began the process and that there is little information on the subject, not being honest is deceit I have not tried deceiving anyone if anything I have been totally open and honest alas someone who does not even know me throws a label like that into the mix

1 Like

It seems I have been tarnished with some form of arfur Dailey type persona

Sorry Mark, the honesty comment wasn’t aimed at you, it’s just that if you sold the van to another Brit they would have to be careful to not let slip that they had not imported the van themselves.

Don’t worry about it Mark.

@Dets

Absolutely NOT Mark… you have been stymied because you are not yet sufficiently “in” the system to get the ANTS to work for you.

Someone who can fulfil all the requirements (provide the personal data from Tax Declaration etc etc ) can use ANTS. You cannot at this moment in time.

It is such a shame that you have arrived just as the new-improved system has come into play.

Just before, you could have taken all your docs to the Prefecture and come back out with a big smile on your face…now it is more difficult…

but ask your Mairie who they recommend… they may/should be able to give you some good advice… and you might like to speak with your local Insurer to get the van on third-party (at least) while you go through the process. Then you can cancel the policy when/if the van is sold.

Mark you have been totally upfront with it all.

1 Like

Typical Vespa owner.:wink:

1 Like

Been to local garage and to my amazement one of the dads from my sons nursery works there speaks fluent anglaise I explained to him the situation and explained everything clear as crystal only thing I didn’t have was an insurance policy for the van I am now in the process of getting some quotes for 3 months temp insurance to progress

I’d expect nothing less from a lambretta lover

Car registration is an area in which everyone is a expert Mark. Any thread on it seems to deteriorate rapidly into open warfare, I prefer to lurk in the trenches :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very wise, John! I like to contribute do these discussions but I like what I add to be factual. Sometimes the facts do not match the accepted norm & this can cause quite a heated debate!
I still do it though…

1 Like

Mark, you are free to sell your van to whoever you like for whatever price you choose. I think your figure of 300 euros seems a little high - did you use the cost simulator? https://www.service-public.fr/simulateur/calcul/cout-certificat-immatriculation It is classed as a CTTE.

1 Like

For the immatriculation fee, that is!

No, you’re right! Just used the simulator & guessed the puissance fiscal & came up with a similar figure.

That’s what it came up with just hoping the garage don’t swindle me

1 Like

:grinning::grinning::grinning: or course they won’t be swindling you… have a little faith… and pour yourself another glass… :relaxed::relaxed:

The said garage did charge me 410€ for a wheel bearing on a zafira :flushed:

Hi Mark

Presumably you discussed things with the garage… re the work/price beforehand… and they gave you an itemised bill once the work was done…??

In which case, you will be able to see just how the cost was arrived at.

What make of car (if any) is their speciality?? Is it Opel/Vauxhall or something else…?

If you have a serious query… you should talk it through with them. :zipper_mouth_face: