Sending personal effects from France to Australia

"Hi all, I would like to send some personal effects to Australia. Does anyone have any experience, advice or recommendations ? It would be in boxes and added to a container for shipping I imagine. Regards Kev"

It is an old photo, but doesn't go back quite that far....lol

My pleasure. Can't make any recommendation because my need of shipping kit from France to Australia is absolutely zero. Hope it's a useful lead. Your picture looks as if you were part of the First Fleet. If they had had cameras in those days. Only joking. One of my best friends from school now farms in Australia and don't think we came from the privileged classes in UK.

Thanks David

I found this Kevin. Might be worth a try.

http://www.express-luggage-moving.com/Home-GB.html

UK based but ship from France to Australia

Thanks Carol, I want to send some boxes back to Australia. I thought that people who have moved to France from Australia or New Zealand may have moved their effects, and would have experience with removalists/carriers. Does not seem to be the case.....

C'mon people - someone must know how Kevin can do this?

Hi Kevin, just wondering how you went with this? Did you find an appropriate shipping company? We too are in the process of moving back to oz and need boxes of personal effects shipped. Let me know. :slight_smile:

Hello MJ, did you ever find an answer to your question? I’m in a similar, covid-induced situation.
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy and welcome to the forum.

I’ve done this a couple of times. The first 2 were lots of boxes (all our stuff except furniture basically) and both times we found it impossible to get any French movers to quote us and online quotes came in sooooo expensive. Both times we ended up driving it all in a trailer to the UK and putting it on a ship there through Excess Baggage (who i think now have a slightly different name). We had some friends who were here for a year but had to leave within 24 hours back in March (thank goodness they did or they’d potentially still be here!) so I was left with 6 or 8 boxes to send on to them. We did a lot of looking online for options. Excess Baggage came up as one of the options when searching France to Australia and did get in touch after I’d done an online request and basically said that nothing was moving shipping wise (at that time - maybe May, guessing that has changed). The quote was around €1700 from memory but i think I put in 12 boxes as I’d not been to the barn to check. In the end the cheapest worked out to be Colissimo / La Poste. I think up to 10kg (certainly the 7 and 8 kg ones) were €105 / box and there was a 16kg which I think was €160ish.

Hi Jeremy, we ended up using Seven Sea Worldwide and they were great from the get-go. Excellent communication and the shipping was easy to track and arrived exactly on date and perfectly in tack in Aus at our regional address. It ended up being about 3 months door-to-door from memory for about 30ish boxes. Some larger odd sized that I specified. I’m not sure what the relationship is now between France and UK companies in the current COVID situation though. Definitely give them a call. They were very helpful. All the best with your move! :slight_smile: MJ

1 Like

After 2 years of Coivd induced Australian ‘house arrest’ we’ve finally made in back to our house in Brittany. We are considering taking some items back to Australia with us next month. Does anyone have any up to date recommendations for shipping to Oz? I have heard that container shipping costs have increased considerably?

We were never able to even find a quote to ship our stuff back. Both times we drove them to the UK and put them on a ship there!

I’ve recently sent stuff for a friend. La post was cheapest weirdly. All boxes were around 125€ bar one which was much heavier and cost 215€

1 Like

Which uk company did you use?

I’ll ask hubby for you

Any news?