Sending wine through the Post

Each year we send a nice bottle of the local ‘redstuff’ to Janines sister, who lives in Paris - and each year it takes me longer and longer to figure out how to build the specially made Colissimo flat pack box that La Poste provides specifically for sending bottles and seems to have been designed by some evil deranged genius to test one’s patience and sanity. This year has proved exceedingly difficult and l have been wrestling with the thing for at least an hour without success. I haven’t given up but let’s just say we have retired to neutral corners for a bit of a rest. As l contemplate my inadequacies and consider going back to the post office and ask them to build the box l wondered if anyone else has had the same problem or can, at least, offer some easier alternative.:exploding_head::exploding_head::exploding_head:

Mmm… I’ve never tried sending wine by Post… so it will be interesting to see how this turns out… :relaxed:

You could try using Mondial Relay. You can make up your own parcel so no fiddly boxes. Also, I believe you will find them cheaper than la poste.

@cat mentioned this on another post recently so she may be able to give more details if you want. Anyway, here’s a link to the site.

https://www.mondialrelay.fr/

1 Like

Thanks Mandy l will take a look

1 Like

if you can find your bottle on Vinatis direcly on-line, order it and make it delivered to your sister in law adress. They have specifically designed packages for bottles