Serving tabledhotes

does anyone know if it is ok to have guests and serve table dhotes (up to 10 people of course) in our b&b ?

Having seen the regulations put in place for serving a meal in schools… I doubt that your kitchen and dining areas would be up to it… :roll_eyes: :rofl:

I thought we are still having to wait for holiday/tourist stuff to be given the green light… ??? or have I missed that bit…

If it is only a max 15 people, and they are all staying in your B&B so the meal is associated with the overnight stay, and you only offer a single menu and eat at a collective table then that is table hĂ´te which is fine. All you need to do is declare it at the marie. Otherwise it is classed as a restaurant and you have to meet restaurant hygiene rules and have the appropriate qualifications.

However if you intend to serve alcohol you need to get an appropriate licence depending on type of alcohol, and also declare that at Marie…

TABLE D’HÔTES
-en complément de l’activité de chambres d’hôtes
-jusqu’à 15 personnes
-un seul menu, un seul prix
-si service d’alcool : “petite licence restaurant” = formation (7h00) + déclaration en mairie

Démarche déclaration en mairie :

-déclaration d’ouverture en mairie Cerfa N°1154204
-permis d’exploitation si service de boisson alcoolisée Cerfa N° 14407
(délivré par l’organisme de formation agrée à l’issue de la formation de 7h00)
-photocopie de la Carte nationale d’identité ou équivalent

Démarche déclaration d'ouverture
                 auprès de la Direction des services vétérinaires :

formulaire Cerfa N°13984*02

RĂ©glementation     

-déclaration d’ouverture aux services fiscaux
-application des règlements sanitaire en vigueur
-pensez à informer votre assureur de votre activité de table d’hôte et souscrivez la couverture “intoxication alimentaire”.

Références réglementaires
  • art. 3311-1 et s. et R. 3311-1 et s. du code de la santĂ© publique
  • circulaire N° DGS/DLPAJ/2011/205 du 31 mai 2011 relative Ă  la
    déclaration des débits de boissons

I thought the question was related to the current situation with Covid-19 ???

@geoff_faulkner

Well B&Bs aren’t open except for essential workers.

1 Like

good morning all. Yes, perhaps I was not clear; I meant after the easing of restrictions on Monday.
I don’t see why we cannot take guests - and feed them. Up to a maximum of 10 of course.
what do you think?
have a good day

Geoff… if I were you I would check with your Mairie…

as you can see from various threads… there are areas of uncertainty even on using the roads. I know that most holiday stuff is on hold at the moment… so it might well be that you have to wait a while…

the easing … is meant to be taken in tiny steps… not 10 league boots… :hugs: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:

and, as I said earlier… the Regulations on feeding kids at school might turn everyone grey… it’s a nightmare for a small school… and we are asking the kids to bring picnics… but even then… the organisation needed is amazing.

I can’t see it being much different for you offering to feed Joe Public in your home… same risks pertain… and cafés are still closed…

1 Like

Why not go into your the local Tourist office next week and ask if you are unclear. Or if you read your last notification from them that probably still applies until they tell you otherwise.

I understood that if you have a table d’hote you eat with your guests.

1 Like

For finesse and goût, that succulent response should earn you three Michelin stars, Jane :star::star::star:

@geoff_faulkner

Spoke with our Maire this morning. No to holiday lets etc and No to Table d’Hôte… at the moment… :roll_eyes:

Isn’t this for the Prefet or indivdual Maire to decide after the 11th?

Yup, it’s for individual préfectures to state if they want to amend national approach. Overall hébergement can open from 11th May, but local decisions can change this, as they have been doing up to 11th May. So you absolutely must check your area - and not just marie or local tourist office as they may be wrong! ( Our local tourist office thinks ok to open, which it isn’t for us. And has also been promoting visiting our lakes which remain out of bounds!! )

But of course you can only take authorised guests, ie people who have their primary residence within 100km of your place or those with attestations for travel beyond that. It is recommended that you keep details and copies of any attestations in case asked (which in theory we do anyway because of the requirements of the terrorism act demanding that we register all details of guests🤭)

And you must respect hygiene and security requirements, so a big table, no sharing of dishes, individual cheeses and lots and lots of cleaning of rooms and so on. Our soon-to-mayor is going to ask the regional people about this for me as there is no guidance I can find about what is considered acceptable.

So whilst there is likely to be no reason why you can’t take guests and feed them, I would double check with the prefecture and think through how you you can do so whilst complying with social distancing and hygiene requirements. Not sure I’d want to rock up at a chambre d’hôte and sit down and eat beside someone I don’t know, and I don’t know where they’ve been.

3 Likes

I have just received info that says table d’hôte must be served to people in their rooms.

As an aside… we always enjoyed Table d’Hôte when touring France before making the move… it meant you sat round an often crowded table, with folk of various nationalities… enjoying glorious food and wonderful chit-chat… using all sorts of languages/accents and often hilarious misunderstandings…

not quite the same, eating in one’s room… although I do understand why at this moment…

We use chambre d’hôtes a fair bit as I don’t like to drive more than few hundred km at once, But after some rather uncomfortable experiences tend to opt for ones without table d’hôte now. Good ones are great, especially if they serve food we eat, and the host keeps an eye on the conversation flowing sensibly. But one very long evening with Pappy being encouraged to tell us his somewhat incoherent war stories, and another surrounded by Brexit Brits have put us off for good.