SF lunch in Bordeaux - postponed 2020 - maybe 2024?

Never again? Good lad! As per my Swindon-Cheltenham last lap, never again means Never Again.

Spouses more than welcome. Just no avatars please. Otherwise we won’t recognise you
!!!

So tempted to wear my ski jacket/salopettes/ski helmet & goggles as you have no chance of recognising me without them.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, VĂ©ronique, I am checking out itineraries and prices now! :hugs:

I assumed you dressed like that all the time?!

What about our friends from UK? - they have a property in Spain which they go to frequently and, although from Essex, speak proper like :grin:

1 Like

I am interested yes. Andy

Ah. Just heard from them that their flight to Turkey is postponed and they will be postponing the flight to France in May.

Doesn’t look like this will be happening, does it?

1 Like

The omens sure aren’t in its favour.

Sounds good. We’d hope to make it cv permitting

@cat - if this doesn’t work out this time I hope another date can be arranged.

3 Likes

Ok so obviously, this is not going to be happening this time as we are all still confined to barracks and everything is shut AND there’s no special SF lunch tick box on the official form
(very inconsiderate!)

I suggest we wait until after the 11th May when hopefully we might have some idea of when we can reschedule this for? And at that point we can pick a date that works for most people?

In the meantime, keep posting the pictures of what you are cooking from scratch - I feel in need of inspiration!

Time to reschedule for a couple of months time now restaurants are opening again?

I imagine early September will be best for most people due to gites / holidays / visitors?

Let me know people as we are fairly flexible?

I would love to join you. I’m afraid I can’t see which restaurant you are referring to.
May I make a suggestion, ? I went with a Vietnamese association to Eurasie restaurant and supermarket at Bord de Lac

Panya Thip (the catering bit of Eurasie) is wonderful, excellent pho and bo bun - Eurasie is deffo my favourite Bordeaux shop.

Eurasie is a great invention but a bit too busy for a group to meet up and chat.

i didn’t realise it is at Le Lac, much better for me, I’m terrified of driving in the centre! I’ll try to go once this awful thing is over I remember you saying it was very good before @vero

Hmmmmm imagine eating out at a restaurant!?? So sad my birthday tomorrow and hubby and I usually go out for a meal sans enfants at lunch time, also missed our anniversary and his birthday!

It’s actually tucked away off Boulevard Alienor D’Aquitaine about 1km from Ikea, next door to Conforama.