SFN Brains Trust

Really desperate to ask the computor Guru how I can sort out my WIFI

PROB?
Maybe others have the same problems.

Often visitors/clients come and they are unable to get Wifi conection.
We have 2 lap tops and have no probs.

Advice please

Stressful time setting up/changine regime etc. Very best of luck Tracy any questions just shout, can't guarantee anything but will always try and help ;-)

Cheers Mark, I see you're not far away, it's right on place Gambetta and if you do the market you walk right past it going towards la mairie. Where abouts are you on le ségala, my OH is from the ségala but the other side of the "border" (aveyron) and went to school just up the road in Naucelle. when I spoke to the business agent on the phone and he said carmaux I said "oh no, anywhere in the tarn but not carmaux!" but that's the vision of town everyone has, just like everyone says "oh no, not decazeville" where we live at the moment but it's not that bad and the people are soooo friendly because everyone's from somewhere else as there have been so many waves of immigration. plus a lot of people left decazeville when the mine closed and went to work in Carmaux...! any way I'm rambling on as per normal - drop in to say hello we'll be running it from mid sept if all goes to plan ;-)

Good luck with your venture Andrew. We'll pop in and say hello when you're settled. We come to Carmaux for the Friday market and other stuff. We think it's a nice place.

Hi guys,

Have to say thanks very much. Have been a bit absent recently due to going completely self employed and having a bit of a stressful time. Those of you on the Computer Group will know my 'puter has died so am having to share my OH's computer as well as all the usual stuff of working and bringing up the kids! But despite that being bad English to start with, I do keep checking the network to see if anyone needs practical help, just don't have time at the moment to join in all the fun stuff and chat. Congrats to Andrew on the compromis and all the best Brian for getting better. Catharine - what can I say, I am sure everything works out for the best! Am I straying too far off topic now????? :-)

yes not easy I guess...you'd never fit it on a Business Card lol

Indeed I am - It's Nick's name too, but he finds it a bind for business, but socially he has the double barrelled thing going on too!

;-) ;-) ;-)

Carmaux Brian, 18km north of Albi on the way up to Rodez and the Aveyron:

http://maps.google.fr/maps?q=google+map+carmaux&ie=UTF8&ll=44.024422,2.466431&spn=0.707018,1.766052&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&hnear=Carmaux,+Tarn,+Midi-Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es&gl=fr&t=m&z=9

That actually Albi? Or where?

Hi Terry,

you clearly have experienced time and time again the non-sensicle side of the 'Fradmin' which befuddles us all. It somehow seems that 'logic' is a trait that eludes.

The complete apparent lack of insensitivity regarding your Dear Mum-in-law, is classic.

Your French wife sounds like the sort of team member every one should have on board...what slot does she occupy on the help line. lol?

all the best to you both.

Ron

hahaahahha

any swollen heads will dutifully be despatched by Brian, I've no doubt!! Credit where it's due tho' Andrew.

PS should've put a smiley on the 24/7 Helpline quip! soz

Please Ron, my head is already too swollen for any more flattery, you're the artistic one, most of the rest of us are artists too but more the p1ss artist style... ;-)

How kind of you to think of me, Ron. The graveyard shift. I know it well! :-)

As to being clued up -- well I've been dealing with the French for 50 years (and been married to one for 49) and still learning. Today we got a letter from the CAF, addressed to my mother-in-law, asking her to repay something they paid her in error. They don't say what the error was, what the payment was for, or when it was made. Above all they don't say how they expect her to do this given that she died several weeks ago. Not that this stops them and the pension people from continuing to send her money, all of which we will have to refund at some point in the future when the notaire has finally got his act together. I should be used to it by now, but I'm not. I shall turn my wife on them on Monday (unless of course they are doing the bridge).

ah Helen, so you'reeeeeeeee Married to Nick! I thought it was a bit of a co-incidence.... ( more double-barrels here than a Vinnie Jones Movie!! )

Seriously, it is rumoured that your OH does have a Brain of Planetoid proportions, and I understand is highly respected on SFN... and to help your guy in India ( remotely ) is astounding.

Rah Rah Rah for Nick!

I will have a think, but can endorse my dear OH Nick Aurelius-Haddock as top of the list. Just my opinion of course!

Just to make him blush, I must say that he gives up a lot of his free time to help those in need on the computer front - like the young man in India he has never met who he helped set an Internet Cafe thousands of miles away.

There are far too many to mention, but you know who you are!

right, in for a centime - in for a euro, this gives me the unique chance of seconding andrew's second! yes, tracy for sure.

Cap D'Agde?

yeah, the World Famous Naturist Complex is there... come to a gig...don't be shy!!! We play a Johnny Wokkers Europub.... I can get you in, FREE!

we are really happy with our region ...Cap D'Agde Languedoc... just Google it, the surrounding are is beautiful... just 25 minutes North is Pézenas absolutely steeped in history, a real Artists Village. C'mon down!!

Hi Terry,

feel free to go off track, lol that's half the fun. I admit I don't know Jean Guillaume myself, but Andrew Hearne whom I'm sure you do know, is a great guy, whom I would champion as being an all round SFN Good Egg... extremely helpful, multi-lingual, and always ready to answer complex 'administrative' queries regarding AE status, regulations and most other Anglo/French quandaries, as it seems to me he knows more than the Government.

I do know that he is some 2 hours North of here Cap D'Agde, which is down the road from Marsellian, a lovely Village on the South coast, where his family have a yacht moored. We are hoping to meet up with them in the Summer....Aye Aye Capt'n

Yes, for everyone Andrew is the bees knees information-wise and operates a FREE 24/7 SFN advice line.

I guess with 5k+ Members it is impossible to 'know' everyone, but forgive the 'schmaltz', I do feel that the handful of people I do know here, are 'real' not just 'virtual' friends, which is very reassuring, I do wish we had known about this Network much, much sooner, as we could have avoided many blunders.

You seem pretty clued up yourself Terry... I do know the Advice Line is looking for Volunteers... there is a slot available...4-6 am, interested?

Ron

PS who are your favourite SFN Brains?