SFN Christmas do

So..... who would be interested in attending a Christmas lunch /dinner in early December? The venue will be near to Pau (64) and accommodation will be available.

Places will be limited so if you can let us know now, if you might be interested, that would be a great help. Thanks!

MENU FOR SFN CHRISTMAS LUNCH

12.00 FOR 1pm ON

SUNDAY 4TH DECEMBER 2011

WELCOME

Glass of Bucks Fizz or Orange Juice
Selection of “nibbles”

STARTERS

Smoked mackerel paté
OR
Ensalada tres colores (V)
(avocado, mozzarella, onion
with dressing)
OR
Tomato and red pepper soup (V)

---oOo---

MAIN COURSES

Roast pork with Yorkshire pudding and apple sauce
OR
Tarragon chicken casserole
OR
Spicey bean loaf (V)
OR
Vegetable lasagne (V)

All above served with roast potatoes and season vegetables

CHEESE COURSE

French cheese with salad leaves

DESSERT

Christmas pudding
OR
Apple tart (V)

Above served with cream and/or ice cream

COFFEE

PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN WINE/SOFT DRINKS ETC.

Price will be €29.50 per adult, €12.50 for children under 12.
Places are limited and bookings will be taken on a ‘first come’ basis.
Bookings must be made by Friday 18th November with your selection of dishes and deposit of €15 per head (for adults only).
Cheques should be made payable to LINDA PAILTHORPE and sent with your menu selection and a contact number/email address to:

Maison Laheuguere
423 Chemin de Monlong
64300 Baigts de Bearn

Overnight B&B accommodation is available for both the Saturday and the Sunday evening. Please contactSandy Whitehead directly to book.

to put that in context

Comment by Janet Langman on October 9, 2011 at 4:58pm

I would prefer a lunch but would also prefer that the C word is not mentioned until late november...

I dont think the C word should be used on line, EVER!

Hi Lorraine - no problem there is still time just let me have your deposit and choices.

Hi I'd be interested. I'm sorry I've not been online lately we've just moved house and are waiting for a land line

No "like" buttons here Linda but know what you mean about having senior moments! My 26 year old daughter has them too, but she calls them "blond moments". C'est la vie!

Re last two posts - having thought about it, Sandy, I realised it was to you I suggested sending cash in card, so of course it was from you - sorry about that! Sheila - thank you for your cheque in full payment (not in a card)! Obviously having not only a senior moment but a senior day! Looking forward to seeing you on 4th. Linda

Hi Sheila

Cheque and choices now received in a card so presume this is the second sending. Will let you know if the other cheque arrives. Linda

Hi Sandy & Mike (Simpson?) Thanks for your cash deposit for the Christmas Lunch. Sorry about the query but there were no contact details and no surname, so I hope I got it right. Linda

Hi Sheila just emptied my post box and although there were some cheques unfortunately yours was not there. I will keep an eye out for it but if you want to send another I will destroy the first one if and when it arrives.

Linda

Oh, was kind of hoping you would have got my cheque today. I gave it to the postman yesterday at midday. :-(

First two cheques received and confirmations sent - many thanks.

I don't think we can come but will check, if not, I hope you all have a super fab time.

I would have loved to attend but will be back in England that week

Would love to be there BUT we will be away and therefore unable to attend. Hope everyone has a good time and hopefully we can come next year!!

We will have our ten year old son with us Karen. And possibly the girls who are older...

Sounds like it will be a wonderful 'do'. Anyone else taking children along though? Our 11 year old son is extremely sociable, at boarding school during the week so would love to meet up with other English-speaking kids.

have a great dinner, I'll be decorating my fake 3ft miniature Christmas tree with the girls in london...finally got oh to agree we can have a small one & a few decorations...it will be a bit different this year, but change is good! Next year back home to le Midi to find the biggest real tree around!

unable to come , sorry , too far from central brittany, animals to look after etc. the ususal but wish everyone a brilliant time .

Yes please!!!! Book me a place. Will post the cheque tomorrow.