SFN members in the 33 - we need your help!

I have two hardly used Airsprung single mattresses and various other bits and pieces. I am between Saintes and Gemozac in dept 17 if they could be collected.

Thank you. What an incredibly different response to AI.

Thank you for the offers of cheques but to be honest, I would feel funny about handling the money (darn scared more like in case I mucked it up!) and also because I don't think that they actually need money to tide them over, just everyday items to replace those lost in the fire till the claim eventually comes through. On the other hand, I suppose gift tokens, where they could actually go and chose the quilt cover or toothbrushes or replacement barbie, would work, for those offering cheques. I don't know tbh! Am more than happy to co ordinate stuff and pass on everything to the family.

I'll pop some toys in too & some English books (we're in London at the moment so I have limited access to out things) but I'll use Parcels Please to send a box over to you.

We have a double and two single beds and bedding, towels , crockery.

We are in 71, Saone-et-Loire, but if anyone is going over towards the west, we wqould be delighted to help.

Right. I have spoken to him again. They had their car keys, hand bag, school satchels and the clothes they left the flat in. Other than that, they have lost everything. They have been given a couple of clic clacs, a cot and an under counter fridge. Other than that, they have nothing. The father is 1.80 and size 42, mother 1.68 and size 40. The children size average for their ages. I have told him that I am happy to collect stuff and have it dropped off to me either here in Charente Maritime or in Bordeaux and take it over as and when I get it - and when they have somewhere to put furniture. THey need clothes, bedding, crockery, white goods, toys (!) table, chairs, lamps......

Many thanks to those who have contacted me.

My email address direct is nola.denis at gmail dot com

We have a single bed here in area 13 anyone going down that way? and a couple of lamps etc. How far are you from dep 13?

Hi Nola - I can send some clothes for a 3 year old - where should I send the package to?

Hi Nola,

I wish I was closer to help, have you tried www.donnons.org? There is a great variety of items being given away by individuals there and you can search by department.

Best of luck

I am sorry Catharine, I posted on the wrong site. I'll copy on Nola's site. :)

Hi Nola, I have some extra sheets, pillows, towels etc.. I live in Arcachon but am going this next weekend to Hautefort and wondered if I could drop of some things on my way there and/or back? Would it be somewhat be on my way?

Aah Bruce, that was you. I had the bloody thing pulled in the end. It was either that or commit murder. Cynicism is us. And yes, if it was a puppy, apart from criticising the owner for being irresponsible for said puppy existing/being bought/not being taken to Brunei on a pet passport, the offers would have flooded in.

Heather - I have emailed you. Thank you so much for your wonderfully kind offer but I don't think the family need (or want!) money as such - they are looking items that they can use till the claims come through - unwanted/spare bedding, furniture/white goods/crockery/cutlery etc.

As i commented on AI, if it had been stray dogs or cats, offers would have flooded in. Folk can be so cynical. You don’t have to think hard to decide which politicians these people vote for!

Hi I've asked Nola to email me so that I can help financially...then she can buy what she need.

God Bless all involved

Effie

Thank you Catharine. I posted this on AI and got a less than negative response from several outraged forum members, quite convinced I was going to sell on the booty at the local brocantes. They have lost everything, from knives and forks to the kids clothes, toys and books. Everything.

Some v kind AI members have offered kids clothes which I will collect tomorrow, but I ended up having the thread pulled (it was either that or throwing the laptop out of the window). I even got an apology from AI admin which is quite something (and thank you, if they are reading this!).