SFR Internet

Hi All

What is wrong with SFR, yesterday SFR cut off various villages over 10 km apart, so two of our friends lost phone and internet.

My wife who speaks very good French called SFR and the first time got an automated message saying they knew there was a problem and they were working on it.

She persisted and got a human who told her they were they were working on the servers for fibre and it would be back on at 14:00 hrs.

It came back on at 14:03 but why can’t SFR tell us when they are going to do things like this. This is typical poor customer service, although when

There has long been issues with SFR over time. Personally, I’d never recommend them.
Not sure if it’s still the case as with the copper infrastructure, but SFR lease from what was France Telecom (now Orange) who seem to prioritise their customers to the extent that the consumer has to go through SFR first in order to get Orange to address an issue.

I’m sorry, but they did. The same arrangement exists with EDF but I’d understand your chagrin if there was no message about the outage but in this case there was.

1 Like

They probably can’t predict when there will be a problem :thinking::wink:

1 Like

TL:DR - consider moving to Sosh!

I recently moved to Sosh (the ‘cheap’ version of Orange) and had been warned that the customer service would be entirely internet-based rather than phone-based.

On Thursday, my domestic internet dropped out. I used 4G on my mobile phone (also Sosh) to check the landline status, and started a web chat to discuss the issue. While it was connecting, I received an SMS from Sosh telling me there was an infrastructure problem in my area which they were in the course of checking. I then stopped the web chat.

I then received another SMS to say that my mobile contract had been credited with 200GO of data for me to use while the landline was down - they even included a link on how to connect your home equipment via your mobile.

Ten minutes later, I had a phone call from a real person at Sosh apologising that they hadn’t been able to talk to me on the web chat. They confirmed that the problem would be fixed in 12 hours at the longest. In fact, it was fixed within 2.

For a cheap, no-frills service I was very impressed indeed.

5 Likes