Shafted by a big business

Robert, that is unfair, I did give a suggestion as well.
I think that if we warn everyone what can happen to them, that is useful.

Thanks

Shotstirm (sic) sounds like a good idea.

The invoice is with the Mairie, I'll work on getting a copy. They are well aware of the situation though and the chances of Rentoswill working around here are slim!

This s*@$$ happens quite often.

I too learned it the hard way, when it comes to invoices don't be "friends". First pay, then served.

I would look for legal advice from your accountant and if necessary run a shitstorm campaign. The trouble with running campaigns is that 'any publicity is good publicity'. So i would be careful on how to run it in first place.

Do you have the invoice stating they have been paid 3000 for doing nothing? Any copies of email along that would help. At least it would prevent from happening again to someone else - me thinks.

Thanks guys, this post has been hijacked already, I was seeking advice, glad to see dash cam is the new topic!

Robert I have just been shafted over damage supposed to have been done by me in a car park.

Despite the gendarme in charge of the investigation saying that the damage on my car did not match the other car, the other people involved, who have an alleged history of being trouble-makers in our commune and our Maire going to tell the gendarmerie that, they provided witnesses to say it was my fault.

I ended up by being charged with delite de fuite and was even going to be summoned for non-payment when I was very ill in hospital. The amount involved was just under 300 euros, presumably their insurance excess. Our insurers paid because I was so ill and did not need the hassle.

The procureur has now stopped the proceedings, but this has left me with a very nasty taste in my mouth regarding justice in France and how easy it is for you to be accused.

We now have a camera in our car, Simon Armstrong please note, and let this be a warning that there are people out there who will cause you trouble and enjoy it.

Can you not get the commune to say that they saw you doing the work and then employ a huissier?