Share your pet photos!

the very best breed of dog is a dog called “Rescued” they are by far the best in the world

5 Likes

that face says im here human, im starving ive not eaten fr 10 minutes.

1 Like

Harry given your vast knowledge of dogs - I do feel somewhat inadequate to respond.

I love the way you welcome dogs in to your home that offers not just the owners a holiday but also the dogs - it would be very handy if you were closer to us.

That’s a very humane and worthy sentiment Harry, our son-in-law has made animal rescue his vocation and there is hardly any career that is more dignified and more overlooked.

1 Like

Something about the Border Collie that just grabs your heart and mind and then never lets you go…I’ve spent a lifetime loving them and have never considered owning any other breed…I love all dogs but I know that when the very worse happens and I find myself bereft of a Border Collie then my next dog will absolutely be a Border Collie…I’ve got many friends who have them too who feel the same…they are not everyone’s cup of tea and can present quite a challenge as youngsters but there’s just something about their quirkiness that once you gain a mutual understanding leaves you forever smitten…x :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I get that Harry…I have a friend who’s life is dedicated to rescue…many from puppy farms…and back yard breeders and third party puppy dealers…and sick pups smuggled in from other countries…but there are also ethical breeders out there who love their breed…they are custodians of their breed…they do all the health tests available and breed only to further their lines…I’ll never be against rescues as I’ve seen first hand the efforts that go into rehabilitating and giving them a future…but at the same time I’ve also been involved with trying to stop planning permission for puppy farms where for the cost of a licence from the council a farmer can have hundreds of bitches bred on every season never seeing the light of day with only 1.5 staff to “take care” of them…x :frowning:

oh do not misunderstand me. My own preference is rescue dogs. my mum and dad n the other han have been breeding springer spaniels, yellow and black labs for many years. they no longe do it and do not train dogs anymore as m dad is now very old and should have retired already.

Many people i know prefer many different breeds of dogs. I currently have a full collie and a border collie in residence with me. the collie collie is here for 8 months and the border collie is ere for just 2 weeks but comes back soon for a 2 months stay. she is a rescue and I do also have her mum as a guest too at times and her sister.

For me all dogs are special. I have 9 dogs here at present and I love everyone of them just as much as the others. Each dog is special in their own way.

At 10 to midnight my Facebook messenger video call started ringing and i answered within 20 seconds so the mummy could see her baby who was asleep on the sofa between 2 other dogs. Alas i cannot post a pic as her mum does not want photos of her dog on any digital media that is public. Suffice to say I was having a conversation with a lady from just over 2 hours away yesterday for me to look after her 2 dogs and she is coming after the easter holidays for me to test her 2 in our environment.

I always say to folks while we are still building here and it is not anywhere close to how i want it but we love the dogs just the same. People do not care. they see that I am going to care for their dogs like they are my own.

2 of the people on this site have been to visit me and both from quite a distance and both are booked in and are happy with us. its one of the reasons ive been happy to set up a monthly direct debit to support this site.

To end this reply though just to end on th fact that we all love our pets, be they pigs, cats, dogs, fish, rabbit, chickens and they are a part of our families and I have loved seeing all these pet photos, keep them coming.

3 Likes

do not feel inadequate, we all have our fields we know about. dogs always have the by belly hasnt felt food for 10 minutes look. I just opened a packet of breakfast biscuits to have with my hot milk and the black lab we have staying was awake and by my side before the packet was open, looking at me going oh im so hungry sob sob. I sent her to the sofa packing as she has to be on a diet as after she leaves me sh goes to have an operation to have a cancerous lump removed so she has to be on a bit of a diet.

I am pretty sure everyone of the people on here know just as much as me about dogs or other animals. I am no expert, I just provide love for them in my heart and home, as you said we all deserve a holiday and I have to bite my tonuge when folks 40 minutes away tell m we are too far away for them to being their dogs for a 2 or 3 week holiday. One person that said that to me i asked them where they were going to for 4 weeks and they said of we are going to Australia via japan as it was a dream holiday for them. I mostly bite my tongue but on this occasion I slipped and said so 40 minutes is too far for your dogs holiday but a day travelling is okay for you. They got upset and put the phone down. About an hour later i saw it was bad what i said even if I felt it was true. So I was writing them an email and just as i sent it they rang me back and said that while i did offend the, they saw what i was saying was true. and while talking they read the long email that i sent them and they said its me (them) that needed to apologise and that i was right. that was nearly 3 years ago and without going to check too far their dog has been to me 5 times already this year and is already booked in for 4 more visits. last year i think they came 8 or 9 times. her shortest visit has for 3 nights and the dog transport cost more that the stay. I have since bitten my tongue on most occasions when this is said to me. Plus while you are a 6 hour round trip to me there is a great one an hour north of you https://www.cozycatsanddogs.com not the same as us but a great reputation.

3 Likes

Some of the sofa gang asleep same place I’m heading.

I was asleep on the sofa with these 3 a short while ago.

6 Likes

1523664709064-1412072100

My. Big girl always prefers her little rug on the tiles over the sofa.

Night all.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Crikes Bill - I think I once went out with her ! Bit thick skinned for me :-:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Gardens full of them Simon, an’ they’s 'ungry :roll_eyes:

1 Like

First fox cub of 2018 presented itself today in my brother’s garden in Kent…little chap was about 1/3 of full-grown size… waiting to see if any others appear…

Photos will follow asap.

2 Likes

Ok so not a pet but this one spent the night as a “guest” in my conservatory and obviously waiting for me to open the door to the front garden this morning… x :slight_smile:

8 Likes

We have a new pet on the back terrace… not as big as the one at the garage a couple of years ago. Horrified to learn it eats lizards… I shall have to persuade it to have a go at the snails instead…

6 Likes

I think my snake should meet your lizard… :smile::wink:

Little Bro’ has sent another foxy photo from Welling …

9 Likes

Proud dog !

5 Likes

Bijou, you are such a poser :rofl: