Shed Tax ( Taxe d Amenagement)

Ron,
Seeing that in some if not most cases you’ll have to draft some plans of elevations, sections etc etc, you can down load SketchUp for free & then print off or send to the Mairie & or ABF. Looks very simple to use for drafting simple plans. https://www.sketchup.com/fr/plans-and-pricing/sketchup-free.

Thanks all for some excellent advice and for sharing your experiences. Much appreciated.

At some point after you’ve built it - several months - a guy will come round to check the size. It’s after that you get a bill from the tax office but it’s a one-off payment.

Last August I received planning permission for the demolition of a workshop and garage plus the construction of an inground pool and 3 outbuildings together with various additions and changes to the house.
One month ago, I received notification of a one-off 1000+ euro charge which will be due 1 year after planning permission was given.

I would imagine you can replace like for like for the size.
I already have a metal shed in the garden which was already here.
I said to the mairie about changing to a wood one, and I was ok for the same size. He said at the same time the last owner put the shed up and made another entrance / drive into the garden but never got permissions,
I believe if you ask for things you get charged, that’s why the french don’t ask and I would do the same.

Thanks to you all for your advice and for sharing your experiences. It is very helpful to now know how the process works in the real world and what to expect in terms of tax and paperwork, which was the aim of my initial post. I hope all this info this has been helpful to anyone else in a similar situation.