Should I denounce a friend over Covid rules

What in heaven’s name was everyone else doing? Surely it was more than the 2 or them at this BBQ, so others could have stepped in to stop anything other than a first punch. Reinforces my view than many Brits are drunks tho’.

4 Likes

What about cafes and restaurants who do not ask to see Pass Sanitaire? Far too many don’t.
( Yes, we leave, if they don’t , but…?).

Karen

Who would want this type of friends, those who knowingly have a life-threatening virus for many and have no regard for others. Many people/friends have a different set of values and depending on those differences, it is not always necessary to agree with each other but this type of behaviour is offensive. Why be judgmental of the poster with assumptions that have nothing to do with the question asked.

Thank you Harriet. Good friends are supposed to be able to be honest with each other. It is a little early to say whether this friendship will survive but I do not regret my actions. I will be phoning him this evening as today he has the test to see if he is clear . I will post the outcome when I have it

That is exactly what we did with a person living in France who voted for Brexit.

1 Like

It’s funny, really… well strange perhaps more than funny… what actually IS “a friend” ???

We know some folk who drive us nuts, but we remain friends, good friends in some cases. For some reason we mentally forgive their little ways and thoroughly enjoy their company.

Then there are folk who might well have the same infuriating “whatever it is” … and we can’t stand 'em !
In fact, we make a point of keeping well out of their way!
Mind you, should they ask our help… that’s fair enough and freely given. (then we go back into hiding…)

1 Like

I have just spoken to my friend and the friendship is still ok. He realised the error of his ways. Stella you are being very philosophical but you are right. From childhood to old age I have had many “good” friends but I do not bring them all through life’s’ changes with me. I have only kept contact with two.

1 Like

Quote I heard from a friend: “Friend for a reason, friend for a season, friend for life

Seems very appropriate.

Be wary when your government tries to install a climate of fear on whatever pretext. Omicron is a walk in the park, as the Health Jobsworths (and officious neighbours) will be the last to acknowledge. Their game will soon be replaced by the race to get your votes, starting around Feb 20, when you can do a recount of your true friends.

Tell that to the dying and dead from it

4 Likes

I’m really not quite sure what you are responding to!

I totally agree with you Robert. Everyone has to do his/her bit to save lives!

John :slightly_smiling_face: