ShudBe Band

Uh huh!

it was a great concert tho', Paloma Faith was brilliant, Status Quo as always, superb, The Average White Band, and watch out for The Band Perry, Brill! oh, and

Sir Tom ( ahuuuuahh ) Jones isn't it.

Dad dancing?

she was! We were up the front "Kerching Kerchinging" with all the girls with Jessie Jay!..

'course I knew the dance moves from the Wii game!

OMG I bet Maddie was Jealous

stupid place to put a pub anyway!

you've fallen in it enough times!

'sokay I've found something....

don't even go there!

wot's fer tea?

you're making me homesick

Oh,

is that coffee I can smell?

in Gabi's room, you Muppet

yes I do.... we wuz rockin'

where are you BTW?

must have been a great day. do you remember seeing Status Quo in Oxford?

… continued. We went to Hyde Park, the Radio 2 Concert, The Quo, Jessie J, SIR Tom Jones…green green grass indeed… I played a gig with my old band Shudbe-band ( did I mention that? ) … but it wasn’t that: the affordable clothing, the well cheap property, the quintessentially Englishness about the place, the real music… no it was the folk, the language. The fact that you can strike up a conversation ( from any frame of reference ) with anyone at a bus queue, even form a bus queue in the first place come to that.

How often did people come up to me, shake me by the stomach and say "Ronnie you ol' B*stard" quite the norm back HOME.. likely to instigate a slap here. Yeah, sure, it wasn't the middle of January during the now cyclical civil unrest... perhaps it was just luck that every thing seemed to slot into place, parking was easy, machines worked, the shop staff were pleasant and really seemed to be interested...am I kidding myself? or is the British nation not the best in the world?

Whilst the initial reason for my trip to Blighty was to attend the funeral of my dear Uncle Pete, the 10 day stay turned into an mazing experience. Sporting rose tinted specs perhaps.. it was a much appreciated Indian Summer, which does bring out the best in us Brits, it seemed like I was back in God's own country.

I stayed with old friends in lovely Lechlade in the Cotswolds, my all time best buddy Pat and family in Oxford and former business Mecca Swindon... the Swine-town twenty, c'mon.

Yes, I did have a wish list, as you would, fish 'n chips, decent Curry, crunkly full English... choccy bars @ 79 pence...and I fulfilled it many times over. Seventy nine pence! I worked my way through alphabetically from Aztec to Picnic Bar... so many sweets... so little time. ( I lied about the Aztec Bar... poetic license ) but you get my Drifter.... TBC

seems to be more interest in the Picture... http://www.survivefrance.com/photo/shudbeband-2

Google Shudbeband Now the first 14 entries... SFN for SEO

just a small cog in a very big wheel, my love

you are clever

http://shudbe-band.biz/shudbe-band/Rock_Blues_Classics_R%26B.html